Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I finally see all the 1996 Mirror Blues have sold on ebay. So here are some Jeter's to show off because of the sales.

View attachment 54458View attachment 54460View attachment 54461View attachment 54462View attachment 54459

nice stuff........ your 1999 Ultimate Victory seems to be missing the 1/1 stamp ;)
1999ultvictory.jpg

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
I'd go with a backdoored replacement on the Victory rather than proof

That will work for me I still believe it to be a 1/1 seems like a lot of that happened in the 90's as I have seen it with a lot of Fleer and Donruss cards. Even the Printing Plates that were never inserted into packs. I would still love to own the 1998 Donruss Crusade Proofs (Backdoored Replacement)

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
In regards to that EX "proto", appears there have been some getting pumped in from Taiwan lately. If I recall, the longest known example was of Griffey. Every time I see these I think result due to exposure, whether smoke or chemical but I can't imagine the color distribution always being so consistent. That and I'd expect to see some non-stars pop up if they were just regular base subject to aging vs. legit promos. Probably worth tracking a checklist at some point. From what I gather, we have:

Griffey
Jeter
Piazza
Sosa
Nomar
Rodriguez
Glaus
Helton
Gwynn
McGwire

A very logical player selection for a 1999 release, 10 cards at that. The mystery continues.

chris19978

Aug 30, 2011
In regards to that EX "proto", appears there have been some getting pumped in from Taiwan lately. If I recall, the longest known example was of Griffey. Every time I see these I think result due to exposure, whether smoke or chemical but I can't imagine the color distribution always being so consistent. That and I'd expect to see some non-stars pop up if they were just regular base subject to aging vs. legit promos. Probably worth tracking a checklist at some point. From what I gather, we have:

Griffey
Jeter
Piazza
Sosa
Nomar
Rodriguez
Glaus
Helton
Gwynn
McGwire

A very logical player selection for a 1999 release, 10 cards at that. The mystery continues.

I thought that as well when I first bought it but after getting the card in the mail that's not what I thought after. Even if the coloring was due to smoke the big question after that is the coloring of the name as it looks more like 1999 E-X Century Essential Credentials Future than the base card. I did get mine from a guy in Japan but I don't think he has anymore left.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
holy sh*t. that Vizquel could probably bring $3,000.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I never would have thought it at the time of sale but yea, I probably undersold since the insanity has only gotten worse. I got $800+ but I don't think it would go as high as you suggest. Without a serial, auto or GU it takes an actually knowledgeable collector to know what they have.

Jan 14, 2009

Griffey
Jeter
Piazza
Sosa
Nomar
Rodriguez
Glaus
Helton
Gwynn
McGwire

You can add Pat Burrell to that list, I have it.

Members online

Latest posts