Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Jack Straw said:
Nice prototypes ! Those are awesome!! Care to share how you got them?
If it was in a dollar bin at a show then keep it to yourself :lol:

I don't know if this is the case with the Andruws, but it was almost a year ago that the most significant listings probably in COMC's history hit on a Friday night. Everyone gather around the campfire... :grouphug:

Seller DallasCardBoys put up a HUGE lot of Crusade executive proofs like the Andruws posted. The prices were more than fair, but if you dared make a 50% offer and risk losing your cards, you were greatly rewarded... they had auto-accept on! I picked up the green and purple of Rusty, the purple and red of Sandy Alomar (and sold them on ebay), and still have the purple John Smoltz (which I've been unable to sell).

COMC later posted that day or that week/weekend was their highest sales ever. This is why. It's still hard to believe those hit COMC and at such fair prices with auto-accept on.

Here is my mini hoard. For some reason I don't see Rusty as many times as some other players.

RustyGreerRainbowNew.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Had a big 90's mailday yesterday...

First, I dropped out of the bidding on a Griffey Reserve Collection a few weeks ago and kinda regretted it. I checked out who the buyer was, and it was cbrandtw! He sold it to me and just by chance he had also just pulled a Rusty Greer Star Rubies from Skybox.

GriffeyGoinYard.jpg

These 1999 Rubies have major chipping problems like PMGs
RustySkyboxRubies.jpg

Thanks, cbrandtw! And thanks for the freebies :cool:

A few weeks ago I noticed a big influx of Tek on Sportlots and referred a couple player collectors there for diffractors. Almost all were from pkerplyr, so I decided to go through his stuff and make some 50% offers. Got this fun lot for $50 dlvd:

1998 Topps Stars Supernovas Gold /50
KonerkoSupernovasGold.jpg

Diffractors - not the best scan
KonerkoDiffractors.jpg

I probably overpaid a bit for this, but it is gorgeous - 1998 Donruss Production Line Slugging
SalmonProductionLineRed.jpg

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
RustyGreerFan said:
PadresFan86 said:
Thanks for putting these up for sale GreerFan. These are cool cards. :mrgreen:

I really appreciate that you thought you were giving me business! But those were not my sales. My name on COMC is something else. I just happened to do a generic search and there they were - they had just been listed. I thought it was a funny coincidence considering you just asked to see some.

RustyGoldAP.jpg

*edit - added scan
Lol, I figured they were yours. Good timing. I managed to pick up 4 out of the 7.

I still don't have the Greer.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
RustyGreerFan said:
Jack Straw said:
Nice prototypes ! Those are awesome!! Care to share how you got them?
If it was in a dollar bin at a show then keep it to yourself :lol:

I don't know if this is the case with the Andruws, but it was almost a year ago that the most significant listings probably in COMC's history hit on a Friday night. Everyone gather around the campfire... :grouphug:

Seller DallasCardBoys put up a HUGE lot of Crusade executive proofs like the Andruws posted. The prices were more than fair, but if you dared make a 50% offer and risk losing your cards, you were greatly rewarded... they had auto-accept on! I picked up the green and purple of Rusty, the purple and red of Sandy Alomar (and sold them on ebay), and still have the purple John Smoltz (which I've been unable to sell).

COMC later posted that day or that week/weekend was their highest sales ever. This is why. It's still hard to believe those hit COMC and at such fair prices with auto-accept on.

Here is my mini hoard. For some reason I don't see Rusty as many times as some other players.

That is where the Andruw Jones came from. I wish I would have known he had auto-accept on. I ended up reselling the cards for the same price to Fandruw25 as that seems to be one of his favorite sets. Glad they ended up in a good home!

I did get this shortly after selling them however, so I am happy:

#'d 25, not promo or non-numbered version
DonrussCrusadeRed.jpg

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Took advantage of COMC's recent shipping special to get a bunch of cards shipped. A couple of 1999's to share:

1999UDChoicePrime.jpg
1999FinestGoldRefractor.jpg

1999 UD Choice Prime Choice Reserve (/100) and 1999 Finest Gold Refractors (/100).

Thanks to RustyGreerFan who gave me the heads-up when the Reserve was listed over the winter. It looks much nicer in person... my scanner doesn't do it justice.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I hope COMC has a shipping special soon. I got over 40 cards waitin to go.

In the meantime I scored some cool stuff off of ebay, and some of it i'd like to share with you guys. First up is this promo sheet, which I am keeping since Bags is on it...
Fleer%20Promo%20Sheet%2026820%20of%2050000.jpg

These are a couple more baseball promo sheets. They are available if anyone wants to make an offer.

This one has McGwire on it, and Nolan Ryan, and is that a "CAMEO" of Gwynn??? Hmm...
1990UpperDeck.jpg

Bowman Front - Griffey, Cruz Jr, Wood, Piazza...
BowmanChrome.jpg

Bowman Back - Nomar...
BowmanChromeBack.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
And I finally got a doubles tin... These are way bigger than I thought they would be. Never saw one before this arrived in the mail.

Donruss%20Preferred%20Tin%205.jpg

And now back to cards...

Thanks to George, I got his Finest Jumbo and Refractor Jumbo.
Topps%20Finest%20Jumbo%208.jpg
Topps%20Finest%20Jumbo%20Refractor%208.jpg

And more Ebay...
Peak Performers
Pinnacle%20Performers%20Peak%20Performers%20147.jpg

Zenith Z-Silver
Zenith%20Z-Silver%2029.jpg

Score Rookie Traded Artists Proof
Pinnacle%20Score%20RTPP161%20Artists%20Proof.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Finally got around to scanning some of the best cards from the lot of 1997 Score Reserve Collection I bought from frankthomascollection. I hadn't seen some of these cards before...

BelleGoinYard.jpg

PiazzaGoinYard.jpg

BondsGoinYard.jpg

RandyJohnsonRockFire.jpg

MarianoRiveraRockFire.jpg

JeterTrueGrit.jpg

RipkenTrueGrit.jpg

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
A few unusual Ripken's these are not for sale.

Fanfest Playing Card
DSC_8940.jpg

DSC_8941.jpg

1992 Topps Silver Winner. Anyone seen any other silvers?
DSC_8917.jpg

1996 Ultra Daimond Mine no etching in background
DSC_8937.jpg

1995 Pinnacle Holographic Artist Proof. Anyone know anything about these? I have seen the Thomas on a website and the guy also had a Bonds when I bought this many years ago.
DSC_8933.jpg

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Wow, what a post :shock:

Incredible that you have all those and for such a high-end player!

I'm really curious about that silver winner and holographic artist's proof. I guess the Diamond Mine is just a printing error, much like the 1997 Score Reserve Collections without the frost effect.

Seems like I saw somewhere that those playing cards were for a specific event at FanFest and some of them got scooped up when they weren't necessarily supposed to be distributed.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
That Swing Men is really nice Brian! I was assuming Thomas was the only one (maybe issued as a promo), since Thomas was the only I had seen. Know the backdrop on those?? Who is available, who's not??

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
I don't know anything about them. I bought it probably 7-8 years ago off of Ebay the guy had it listed as error foil he also had the Bonds Swing Men.

clarkfan said:
That Swing Men is really nice Brian! I was assuming Thomas was the only one (maybe issued as a promo), since Thomas was the only I had seen. Know the backdrop on those?? Who is available, who's not??

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Nice Mike P.!

still looking for one myself

RustyGreerFan said:
Finally got around to scanning some of the best cards from the lot of 1997 Score Reserve Collection I bought from frankthomascollection. I hadn't seen some of these cards before...

BelleGoinYard.jpg

PiazzaGoinYard.jpg

BondsGoinYard.jpg

RandyJohnsonRockFire.jpg

MarianoRiveraRockFire.jpg

JeterTrueGrit.jpg

RipkenTrueGrit.jpg

Members online