Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
brian46256qqv said:
I don't know anything about them. I bought it probably 7-8 years ago off of Ebay the guy had it listed as error foil he also had the Bonds Swing Men.

clarkfan said:
That Swing Men is really nice Brian! I was assuming Thomas was the only one (maybe issued as a promo), since Thomas was the only I had seen. Know the backdrop on those?? Who is available, who's not??
Hey, thanks for selling the Caminiti tek lot on ebay. I picked up two more patterns I needed. :mrgreen:

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
brian46256qqv said:
A few unusual Ripken's these are not for sale.

1992 Topps Silver Winner. Anyone seen any other silvers?
DSC_8917.jpg

I've never heard of these silver Winners cards either, so I'm very curious to see if anyone can shed a little light on them. I just tried a Google search and couldn't find any info. Do all the Winners have a silver version?

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Anybody interested in this lot? Not looking for much in return. Just trying to clear room. What's the deal with Ray Durham's name being on the Posada card?

imghwb.jpg

img0001ll.jpg

img0002so.jpg

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

I've never heard of these silver Winners cards either, so I'm very curious to see if anyone can shed a little light on them. I just tried a Google search and couldn't find any info. Do all the Winners have a silver version?
I'd like to know more about this as well. I've never heard a whisper about "Silver" winners before.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
TNP777 said:
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

I'd like to know more about this as well. I've never heard a whisper about "Silver" winners before.

Nice haul! I will offer you 10 bucks for the whole lot :lol: jk
I love that 97 Pinnacle Fanfest Playing card! Funny I contacted the
guy who does the card creations and asked if he had a picture of this
particular creation and they can't find anything? I find that odd its not
like it was 1944 it was 1997 and nobody took a picture? If you know anyone
that has a picture of this creation I would love for them to share it.

brian46256qqv

Mar 26, 2012
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

I have searched all over for any info on them and never seen anything. The back of the card has Topps Gold just like the regular golds. Maybe Topps was testing foils and one got out? I picked it up for a few bucks in a lot of other Ripken cards.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
brian46256qqv said:
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

I have searched all over for any info on them and never seen anything. The back of the card has Topps Gold just like the regular golds. Maybe Topps was testing foils and one got out? I picked it up for a few bucks in a lot of other Ripken cards.

left silver "gold edition" - right is normal
I've heard one person mention he's seen one before. I'm pretty sure it was one of my conversations with jacksonscoupage. This is the first one I've actually seen though. I have a similar rarity that I've never seen duplicated with Leaf. I know no history on the card except that this is the only one anyone I know has ever seen:

f-6074.jpg
f-949.jpg

Jan 14, 2009
It's a pigment issue. I have seen the 1992 Topps Gold winners range from full bronze to silver (I used to buy 800, 100 ct. lots to build master sets), it is a printing flaw like missing foil, but definitely seldom seen and attractive too.

I own a silver foiled 1992 Leaf Black Gold Cal Ripken, sorry I don't a have scan handy, but the affect is the same as the ToppsGold foiling error. Check out your mcGwire images and look how much more yellow shows up on the regular version.

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Sorry for the crummy picture,I have quite a few Griffey's I can add here when I pickup a scanner..Love this thread!

cdc2da41-1.jpg

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
TNP777 said:
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

Hmm? this intrigues me as well got the reg, gold,gold winner and the minis.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
brian46256qqv said:
olerud363 said:
brian46256qqv said:

DSC_8917.jpg

Brian
Does the 97 Pinnacle Fan Fest Playing Card actually feel and have the weight of a playing card?
I guess there are some fakes so if its not the weight and texture of an actual playing card it could be a fake?

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
Yes there are fakes if its not a playing card weight and type then its fake.
Brian Berg built huge creations with these cards so it had to be the same
Sturdiness as a regular playing card.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
Jack Straw said:
Yes there are fakes if its not a playing card weight and type then its fake.
Brian Berg built huge creations with these cards so it had to be the same
Sturdiness as a regular playing card.

There must not be too many fakes going around, because I have only seen 1 Andruw Jones ever. Outside of that, I have only seen a handful of these cards period.

Members online

Latest posts