Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OK, my birthday is in a few days and I want cards! (read)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
I have a budget total limit of $270 to work with from my parents and I wanted to know if anyone here is selling any 2010 Bowman chrome hobby cases? I also might be willing to do a 2010 Topps Chrome hobby case deal. I'm turning 16 in a few days and so this is my first real present of sports cards. It's also going to be my only present, (except for cake). I've actually only had one other birthday party in my whole life and it was in kindergarten and only one person showed up. Yeah, birthday parties and me have never clicked. But anyways, down to business. If you've got a case (or several boxes) of 2010 topps or bowman chrome for $270 dlvd, please pm me. Thank you.

MarlinsManiac20

Mar 14, 2010
Probably one of the worst things I have ever read on this board. A bowman chrome case for 270?! Also we didn't need to know only one person showed up to your birthday party...

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I've always assumed that everyone on the buying and selling forums had to be legal.

If someone is not legal, that should be made unbelievably clear.

It's nothing against the OP, but i've seen problems arise where parents go knocking on doors because their child spent their $300 bike money on video games.

Anyways...

To the OP, I wish you the best of luck but Cards for a Birthday Present always leave me feeling like crap. If you get something good, everything's peachy. However, most of the time you'll get junk and it'll be a terrible birthday. For your birthday get something that you'll keep.

Mr.1989

Dec 19, 2010
Krom said:
A case of Bowman Chrome for $270?

We are ANYTHING but rich. Spending more than about $80 on anything is pretty rare. The last time i got something worth $270+ was seven years ago when i got an electric scooter for christmas ($300, and times were better then). My sister broke it, but it was chinese crap anyways and still the forks have problems, although I wouldn't dare get on that thing. It's designed for someone around 9 years old and (had) a top speed of 10 mph. $270 is the absolute limit for my family. Also, I suggested several boxes because I've seen on atlanta sportscards you can get 6 boxes for $240 roughly. I want really want at least 8 hobby though, but that'd be $320.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
If you needed free paypal funds why didnt you just make the title of the thread "need free money"? I will gladly give you whatever you need in paypal. What are we talking here a couple hundred?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Re:

Mr.1989 said:

he's trying to make fun of you but doing a terrible job.

People here give each other a lot of great stuff, but it's taboo to ask for that large of a discount.

Maybe if you post a box count rather than a case, you'll find some bites. People on the transaction forums were selling boxes of BDPP at a reasonable price.

I still think that purchasing cards is a bad idea, but so it goes.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Re: Re:

pigskincardboard said:
Mr.1989 said:

People here give each other a lot of great stuff, but it's taboo to ask for that large of a discount.

Maybe if you post a box count rather than a case, you'll find some bites. People on the transaction forums were selling boxes of BDPP at a reasonable price.

I would not say purchasing cards is a bad idea. I have done it a few times since I started collecting and used my christmas funds this year on cards. However I go the singles route. I would suggest you do the same.

A_Pharis

Re: Re:

pigskincardboard said:
Mr.1989 said:

Giving a hard time != "making fun of"

Making fun of would be "Oh, my God! You're such an idiot. LOL EVERYONE LOOK AT HIM! HAHA HE THINKS HE CAN GET IT FOR $270!"

If you can't distinguish the two, you must have a hard time making male friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts