Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oscar Taveras 2012 Chrome Missing Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Very easy?

I think it's time you put some thought in to what you are saying.

I guess I should have said scan or take photos of them. I think it would be very easy to do this with like the multi color patch cards.

Inkworks was a comic card company who sadly went out of business but they would scan each of their sketch cards and post them to their website.

Here's the Family Guy ones but they also scanned them for the Shrek set and Hellboy sets and others.

Images of ALL 6,340 Family Guy Sketch Cards can be seen by clicking on the links below or on the artist names on the left side of this page.

Inkworks | Family Guy: Season One Sketch Cards

Inkworks Trading Cards | World's Best Entertainment Trading Cards

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I guess I should have said scan or take photos of them. I think it would be very easy to do this with like the multi color patch cards.

Inkworks was a comic card company who sadly went out of business but they would scan each of their sketch cards and post them to their website.

Here's the Family Guy ones but they also scanned them for the Shrek set and Hellboy sets and others.

Images of ALL 6,340 Family Guy Sketch Cards can be seen by clicking on the links below or on the artist names on the left side of this page.

Inkworks | Family Guy: Season One Sketch Cards

Inkworks Trading Cards | World's Best Entertainment Trading Cards

Your still not thinking properly. Patch fakers, which is more widespread then you think, put fake patches in plain GU cards to inflate value over a otherwise vanilla GU card. Very rarely will they take out a patch and replace it with another, it happens but sparsely compated to the GU to patch fakery. Having said that, Topps would need to scan\photo tens if not hundreds of thousands of cards yearly. The time, effort, and money involved to do so would be very great and if done would no doubt increase the cost of product, and that is if it were even possible to reasonably do considering the volume. Least we forget that if done would inherently devalue almost all prior offerings not photo logged for visual confirmation of authenticity.

You seem to be very naive with regards to the things you speak of, might i suggest taking some time to look, listen, and learn the hobby a while before making anymore foolish statments, threads, posts...

Last edited:

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Your still not thinking properly. Patch fakers, which is more widespread then you think, put fake patches in plain GU cards to inflate value over a otherwise vanilla GU card. Very rarely will they take out a patch and replace it with another, it happens but sparsely compated to the GU to patch fakery. Having said that, Topps would need to scan\photo tens if not hundreds of thousands of cards yearly. The time, effort, and money involved to do so would be very great and if done would no doubt increase the cost of product, and that is if it were even possible to reasonably do considering the volume. Least we forget that if done would inherently devalue almost all prior offerings not photo logged for visual confirmation of authenticity.

You seem to be very naive with regards to the things you speak of, might i suggest taking some time to look, listen, and learn the hobby a while before making anymore foolish statments, threads, posts...

I don't collect jersey cards much but they could make regular one color jersey card and they would not have to really scan those because they are just one color. If someone replaces that with a patch then everyone would know its a fake as there are only one color patches for the regular jersey cards.

Then they could do the patch cards which are various levels and colors and logos or whatever and they could scan those very easily and there would be a reference for them.

You have got me wondering now though just how many jersey cards a company puts out in a year throughout all the sports and all their sets.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
1: Buy cards with missing autos, backdoored or pack-pulled.

2: Convince Beckett to list cards as errors.

3: Get Topps to replace cards with auto versions because Beckett said "Go @#$%! yourself!".

4. Grade card then convince forum members that card is super rare because, again, Topps also said "Go @#$%! yourself!".

5. Forum members turn out to be smarter than the average bear. Stay persistent until their brains turn to mashed potatoes, pour the gravy and enjoy!

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
1: Buy cards with missing autos, backdoored or pack-pulled.

2: Convince Beckett to list cards as errors.

3: Get Topps to replace cards with auto versions because Beckett said "Go @#$%! yourself!".

4. Grade card then convince forum members that card is super rare because, again, Topps also said "Go @#$%! yourself!".

5. Forum members turn out to be smarter than the average bear. Stay persistent until their brains turn to mashed potatoes, pour the gravy and enjoy!

Solid walkthrough

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Well one of the BGS graders said this was not true.

An autograph cannot be removed without leaving some trace according to them.

I also do not think it is possible because why on earth would a company make a product that could be altered so easy?

Cool story, No one at BGS said that . We have all seen autographs removed from cards with various items all completely remove them from the shiny surface and leave behind nothing. So since you being the "prove" it guy who told you at BGS that ? Because the IP hounds remove these all day from shiny cards and PSA BGS all pass them.

And as for you thinking its not possible I guess you are forgetting over at BO where it was proven to you in pictures. Sorry once again you invested in something thats not worth nearly as much as you think, and that can be recreated with a dry erase marker which lifts and completely removed ink from a glossy card and a napkin.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts