Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Packs to the People: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts Street Break!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
Hola FCB'ers,

My buddy and I just put the finishing touches on our new pack break episode, this time featuring Sp Legendary Cuts. We're doing these street breaks to turn box break videos on their heads, make em a little more watchable, and hopefully get some new people into the hobby. It's our first time doing baseball only but the people we ambushed on the street pulled some decent hits! Upper Deck sponsors these little jolts, so if you dig our stuff, please comment up our youtube page, it really helps us out. Enjoy!

Packs to the People: 2009 SP Legendary Cuts
[youtube:3rb9njw7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSmyaAn4Lhg[/youtube:3rb9njw7]

Thanks,
Andrew

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I have to say that was one of the most enjoyable box breaks. Pretty funny, especially the 1 guy that you got to open a pack.

BTW, Nice camera angles on some of the ladies :shock:

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
THAT was cheesey...

BTW, and this is the conspiracy theorist in me, but I refuse to believe that a normal person could get that box. Since you said UD sponsored that break, I HAVE to believe that they sent you one of those hot boxes that only exist as propaganda to dupe the masses into breaking that product. I feel they send thise types of boxes to Beckett and maybe a few other blogs as well.

A_Pharis

"Sports card collecting is everything to me" pretty much sums it up.

I mean, it's quirky and fun, but how many times would you be able to run the same jokes?

Good luck to you, and I'd watch more -- if only to see how far you can make it.

That and ~I have no idea why an attractive woman would walk away from you~

P.S. Papelbon is a Louisiana boy. Would love to own it.

PackBreakMissionary

Jun 16, 2009
Thanks all for the comments, and for watching the video. It takes us tons of time to make one of these, this one probably took 30 hours, and its really awesome to hear back that its being appreciated. And yeah, sometimes we're cheesy, but we have a pretty awesome time making these things.

hive17 said:
THAT was cheesey...
I refuse to believe that a normal person could get that box. Since you said UD sponsored that break, I HAVE to believe that they sent you one of those hot boxes that only exist as propaganda to dupe the masses into breaking that product

We wish they sent us that kind of box. The explanation is much simpler- you're watching the edited segments from multiple boxes...kinda like how they manage to fit a 4 hour World Series of Poker final table into a single hour of television. Rachville (the Phillips auto) was the best segment out of the whole Gainsville group that you see in the rap segment, and of course we gotta show the cut.

moxacaine said:
what are your plans for the oates cut? or do these people get to keep the cards they pull?

It'll get sold, so we can buy more cool A/V stuff. We ask for the big hits back, and never had a problem. Most of the gu'd we let em keep. Alex, the British guy, kept his Papelbon card. Sorry Pharis!

A_Pharis said:
I mean, it's quirky and fun, but how many times would you be able to run the same jokes?
Good luck to you, and I'd watch more -- if only to see how far you can make it.

That's a fair concern, and I'm aware of that pitfall; we'll be looking to surprise you just about every time, in some way. If you check our channel and watch the first UD sponsored vid, "Manhunt Break" you'll see how different things can get. With the basic PTTP format, we'll be doing all kinds of different themes, groups and locations. This video was kinda a re-introduction for us into our basic format and concept. We're totally down to take some risks, surprise some people-- you can expect that. But its a tough balancing act, trying to do our thing and still put out something a corporation can get behind (and in 5 minutes or less!).

A_Pharis said:
and ~I have no idea why an attractive woman would walk away from you~
Zing! But you'd be surprised what I can talk a woman into. Don't think I don't feel retarded though, walking up to a beautiful woman and opening with, "would you like to be in my video?" But I love having the excuse.

IndyMann said:
That guy looks ike the guy from American Idol. The one with two personalities!
Norman Gentle!! Yes, I've gotten that before. Before him it was fat Napoleon Dynamite, lol. I'm just happy people have stopped asking me where Pedro is.

rookieaddict said:
Might get me to start watching breaks again. The mad MC skills at the end sealed it for me.
I'm like, the white Eminem. Thanks for some praise on that, I was hoping that'd get appreciated.

tonsofcommons said:
BTW, Nice camera angles on some of the ladies :shock:
And some nice angles on the ladies themselves, yes. Ah, Dalia...

Thanks to all the comments so far, keep em coming and I'll get back to you! Please, get us some youtube views! (And mods, sorry this is so long, but I wanted to reply to the comments thus far)

Members online

Latest posts