Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-What 90s cards are the toughest to find for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

We all love the 90s, but some of the oddball or other inserts are super tough to find. Which cards are the ones that are tough for you to find?

For Biggio, I will go with 1992 High 5/1992 Hit The Books and 1993 Finest ReFractor (at resonable price)

How about you?

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I thought the 1992 High 5's were fairly common. Looks like Biggio is part of the Astros panel. Predator may have a full astros panel he can show.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
The Bagwell is fairly common because he comes in either the NL Infielders or NL Superstars set. The Astros team set is one of the few I've never seen on eBay.

BluesBroSJ

Jan 19, 2009
Kansas
The topps superstar sampler set of David Justice. Missed a buy it now on ebay for 15$ a few years back. Haven't seen another copy since.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Without a doubt the 90's card that tops my "probably will never own" list is the 96 Pinnacle Aficioniato First Pitch Preview. Others that are more annoying than impossible to find include 98 Topps Tek and the Pacific parallels.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
1997 Upper Deck Power Package Jumbo Jose Canseco PP18.. I've only ever seen a couple players from this set and I don't know any Canseco collector who owns a copy. These are so rare to see that I wonder if the whole set even exists. Would love for someone to dig one out of somewhere so I could get my hands on it!! I could make a list of the other tough 90s inserts I still need but it would be all the usual suspects that most player collectors search for and pay a kings ransom for.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I've seen plenty of the bagwell power package jumbo inserts. Not sure how rare his are but everyone seems to have a hell of a time.

As far as pacific parallels go, Burbank has helped me tremendously with those. There are still plenty I need but the gaps are narrowing.

As for the Bagwell high 5 as well as the Biggio... I've never even seen one. I own a sealed All Star 4 card panel(thanks to a generous board member here), as well as a few loose copies and a promo version. Never have I seen or come into contact with anyone who has the Astros team panel. Supposedly the Caminitti collector has his but no dice on the Bagwell or Biggio. There is a guy I deal with out of Victoria Texas and he always has all the mega hard to find Astros stuff and he doesn't have any either. I've been looking for a long time and this is one of the last cards I need to have everything through 1995 knocked out.

I'm torn on whether or not they exist. I'm thinking they do but a lot of this type of stuff only seems hard to find because it's probably in a storage unit or attic of an ex-dealer who went out of business long ago. Looking at antique malls and flea markets is a great source for these things because generally those are the places you find stuff from junk wax years.

As for hard to find 90's stuff, I'd say just your run of the mill low numbered inserts and of course anything that is 1/1. There are still some cards considered rare that I don't have. But they are quite prevalent for being so rare. It's just that I'm not paying some crazy ass price just because the seller did and now he needs to recoup his investment. That's their issue, not mine.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Anyone have an example of what these cards look like?

There are loads of examples on eBay, this is my Winfield:

1992High5_15.jpg

Attachments

• 1992High5_15.jpg
    1992High5_15.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 89

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
'97 Pinnacle Inside Diamond Edition
1990 Venezuelan Sticker
1992 Smokey the Bear