Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors-What 90s cards are the toughest to find for you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
For me, it was the 1998 Donruss Crusade Red. Numbered to just /25, I had an easier time finding the 1997 Flair Legacy Masterpiece 1/1 (and cheaper, too).

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
For me, it was the 1998 Donruss Crusade Red. Numbered to just /25, I had an easier time finding the 1997 Flair Legacy Masterpiece 1/1 (and cheaper, too).

that use to be my toughest. got very lucky a couple of years ago on christmas day.what a day to end a auction.

bernie.jpg

TramFan3

Dec 7, 2008
The 1995 Upper deck electric diamond gold. The ones in series 2 are impossible to come by. Ive been player collecting for around 7 years and ive never seen an Alan Trammell come up for sale and only know of one person who owns one.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Well, this wasn't easy. Took 22 years to find - landed it this morning.

1990 Donruss Blue/White Test

oct-sports-1189.jpg
oct-sports-1190.jpg

Only hard 90's left for my Grace collection are:

1994 Topps Gold ABCD Winner Card - Non-Reedemed Version
1998 Pacific Online Winner
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Well, this wasn't easy. Took 22 years to find - landed it this morning.

1990 Donruss Blue/White Test

Only hard 90's left for my Grace collection are:

1994 Topps Gold ABCD Winner Card - Non-Reedemed Version
1998 Pacific Online Winner
1999 Fleer Tradition Starting 9

Very nice! The Sandberg went for nearly $1400 - way too rich for my pockets.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Whats the story behind the Blue/White test?

From the info I have, they were discovered in the same find as the Aqueous Test cards. The cards have a player on each side and have the usual semi-gloss coat on the front blue side, and the rough cardboard back on the white side. The blue is a darker shade of blue than the 1990 Donruss A.L. best set. From keeping track of these I've checklisted 160 cards in the set so far. For some cards you can find both versions, meaning if Manny Lee is on the blue side and Tony Gwynn is on the white side, you can also find it with Gwynn on the blue and Lee on the white. It is unknown whether matched pairs for each player combo exist though, I've never seen a inverse for the Ripken I own. There are a few that have the same player on both sides as well. None of the cards that are in the Aqueous set exist in this set, so a different sheet or sheets were used. Also, it looks like all 50 cards that were double printed by Donruss that year exist in this set, which explains why some players appear in 2 different player combinations.

bwfront.jpg
bwback.jpg

Last edited:

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Any chance Biggio is in that checklist?

Don't have a Biggio on the checklist yet, but I doubt he's in the set as he's #306 in the regular set and most of the Blue/White fall between 500-716 with a few of the Diamond Kings, Rated Rookies, and BC Bonus MVP cards in there as well.

Members online