Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Possible $25 off $25.01 eBay purchase coupon...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I have a 2nd account that I created in 2004 and that one does not appear to be getting the code to work. My primary account from 1998 did work for the code. Neither got a notification. If join date even matters.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
I joined in 99 and it did work for me. It appears to have worked here for accounts created prior to 2000. It does not mention that criteria nor does it appear that anyone has received this coupon through eBay of which I didn't either. Strange that they would offer something like this and nobody seems to have had any kind of heads up from them.. That's just odd.
Having said that, thanks for the link gt.

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Just tried and worked for me. I had been watching a card I felt was about $15 over priced (listed at $40 should sell ~$25). With the coupon I don't care any longer and purchased it! I joined Ebay in 1999, did NOT have a notification of the coupon, but it worked when entered "happy25".

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I got an email about the discount on my 1998 account today, as others seem to have as well. I now have to apologize about badmouthing ebay. Seems I was jumping the gun on this code.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I just used it on this 2000 refractor. My code was HAPPY25. The email I received from eBay said it was for members who had been with them from the start (I joined April 1999), as a thank you on their 25th anniversary! Nice gift from eBay - but offer may not be available to all from way I read it.

s-l500.jpg

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I got the message today. I opened my account in 2000. A friend of mine opened his account in 2001 and it wouldn't work for him.

dxoldman

May 27, 2010
It worked for me, but I tried to use in on two items (to get over the 25.01) and it didn't work. I had to buy a single item for over the amount.

Dec 4, 2008
Thanks! It worked on some auction wins I already had to pay for. Now set to try it on each of my 2 other accounts. Happy Ebay 25th indeed!! Props for the tip, that was a really awesome one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
More interesting details. I got a message on my newer account today, very similar to the one I got on the old account. The new account message was entitled "25 years of ebay? No Way!" It goes on to recall my first item won, first offer, first sale. Kind of neat actually, then goes on to talk about the great stuff available on the 25th anniversary. Nowhere does it offer me a discount code though.

On my older account, I gtt a very similar message several days ago, detailing those same firsts and such, but this message is entitled "A $25 coupon for being with us since the start".

Some comments might suggest it is not about the date joined, but if it is not, then it is weird how some people get it and some don't. One factor could be the notification preferences, set so that you don't get those types of emails from ebay...BUT...the code should still work if they gave it to you, notification or not. I bet they really love everyone spreading the word too, kind of like employers strongly frowning on or specifically forbidding employees to talk salary specifics with each other for fear that the truth will be revealed that people with similar skills and experience are not always compensated the same!

Again, for me, my older account was opened in Apr 1998 and it got the discount code.

My other account, opened Oct 2004 did not.

Members online