Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post a card few know exist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
One of my most prized promos in my collection:

full.jpg

Every time I see a 1990 Sportflics card in a box at a show, I instinctively flip it over to look for that black stat line. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere, although I feel I'm far more likely to find a Steve Bedrosian Sample than a Will Clark!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Every time I see a 1990 Sportflics card in a box at a show, I instinctively flip it over to look for that black stat line. I'm sure there's one out there somewhere, although I feel I'm far more likely to find a Steve Bedrosian Sample than a Will Clark!

It will pay off eventually and when you do, I'll be a buyer. And I already have a Bedrosian so maybe the odds will be against you finding another 1 of him, due to the rarity of them. Let's hope for another big 80's-90's star (Puckett, Sandberg, Brett, Gwynn)

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
While on the subject of Glove cards,awesome Grove btw. Beckett claims 100 copies but I have only come across 10 or so different copies,usually very chipped up.I am sure these are deep in PC's.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
It will pay off eventually and when you do, I'll be a buyer. And I already have a Bedrosian so maybe the odds will be against you finding another 1 of him, due to the rarity of them. Let's hope for another big 80's-90's star (Puckett, Sandberg, Brett, Gwynn)

Was that your Bedrosian on COMC a whole back? I knew that existed, that's why I threw his name out there.

Believe me, every Score and Sportflics card from that era I come across gets a quick check from me, just in case. I know they're out there somewhere, I hope to find them!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Was that your Bedrosian on COMC a whole back? I knew that existed, that's why I threw his name out there.

Believe me, every Score and Sportflics card from that era I come across gets a quick check from me, just in case. I know they're out there somewhere, I hope to find them!

I bought it off of COMC, so that's the same one, but I didn't relist it, just kept it for myself. I saw a Von Hayes on ebay a week or so ago, but forgot to bid at the end of the listing. Sold for only a few bucks.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This was an awesome card my father-in-law found in his dad's papers after his death (both lived in Pittsburgh).

Even the Standard Catalog is unclear of exactly what year or how it was issued. Wagner was a spokesman for the company, may have been printed for him to hand out at appearances.

"1948 Pittsburgh Provision & Packing Co.
The attributed date is totally arbitrary, based on the
photo shown. Also unknown are the scope of the issue and
its manner of distribution. Hobby history would suggest the
card was created to promote Wagner’s ties to the meat company
as a spokesman, or perhaps the card was created for
Wagner to distribute at appearances on behalf of the packing
company. The dark green-printed card measures about 4" x
2-1/2" and is printed on rather thin cardboard. It is not known
whether similar cards exist for other players."

wagner1.jpg

wagner2.jpg

Everything's better with bacon!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
While on the subject of Glove cards,awesome Grove btw. Beckett claims 100 copies but I have only come across 10 or so different copies,usually very chipped up.I am sure these are deep in PC's.

Awsome Glove, Yes the Leon is rare, I just pick up my Leon last year as they rarely turn up.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Great thread idea!

Now if only people can post pictures so that it doesn't link mobile users directly to photobucket, then we'd all be good ;)

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I thought that bucket link thing had a sticky?? about switching it?
not sure where this came from or who did it, but I would love to have someone make one and sent it to me ...hehe

papajohns.png

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
Hey guys if that's me would you mind sending me a pm on how to post the link that's mobile friendly? It would annoy me as well so I just want to fix it.
Thanks for the help.

-Steve

Great thread idea!

Now if only people can post pictures so that it doesn't link mobile users directly to photobucket, then we'd all be good ;)

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Members online