Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post your unique serial numbered cards here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
It just arrived today, so I'll have to post my own scans once I can make them (damn injury makes it impossible to do anything), but for now:

171_899_7.jpg

171_900_7.jpg

Man that is sweet.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Sold this about a month ago for not very much. Always wanted one, then wasn't really enjoying it. I want one w/ the serial number on the front or a card that I just like better...

attachment.php

LOVE this card. Found it on COMC and show it off every time we do one of these threads:

attachment.php

Only true 1/1 Rusty I have:

attachment.php

Pleasant surprise from Burbank:

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Sold this about a month ago for not very much. Always wanted one, then wasn't really enjoying it. I want one w/ the serial number on the front or a card that I just like better...

attachment.php

LOVE this card. Found it on COMC and show it off every time we do one of these threads:

attachment.php

Only true 1/1 Rusty I have:

attachment.php

Pleasant surprise from Burbank:

One of my favorite cards in my collection is Greer related. 1999 Topps Gold Lable class 3 wrong name Paul O'neill/Rusty Greer #d 21/25 (O'neills Uni #). After a pretty high winning bid it became mine. I used to PSA grade all my Uni number cards back then so I called PSA to ask how should I describe this card on the submission form. They told me they would not grade it unless Topps acknowledges the error or I can find publications of the error. Topps told me this was the first time they heard about the error. I was able to find photos of a Randy Johnson/David Justice wrong name. PSA then told me to submit the card as a wrong name and there it is. I regret trading my second copy of /25 correct name but the trade was for a recollections auto numbered 1/2 O'neill auto. A few years later I scored my other player Bernie Williams /25 and that one too, wrong name Rondell White.
Pauly0001.jpg

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
One of my favorite cards in my collection is Greer related. 1999 Topps Gold Lable class 3 wrong name Paul O'neill/Rusty Greer #d 21/25 (O'neills Uni #). After a pretty high winning bid it became mine. I used to PSA grade all my Uni number cards back then so I called PSA to ask how should I describe this card on the submission form. They told me they would not grade it unless Topps acknowledges the error or I can find publications of the error. Topps told me this was the first time they heard about the error. I was able to find photos of a Randy Johnson/David Justice wrong name. PSA then told me to submit the card as a wrong name and there it is. I regret trading my second copy of /25 correct name but the trade was for a recollections auto numbered 1/2 O'neill auto. A few years later I scored my other player Bernie Williams /25 and that one too, wrong name Rondell White.
Pauly0001.jpg

btrl_zpsb7b5e806.jpeg

haven't seen one with the right name.

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who collect a player jersey number, how much competition do you see for them? i suspect the biggies (Ripken, Jeter, Griffey, Henderson, Bonds, Thomas, Ryan, etc) sees a lot of competition, but how about the lesser collected players. Do you have any rivals that make you pay or frustrate you in your efforts? I suspect that there are more serial number collectors than you'd think and since the majority of collectors/dealers seem to be oblivious to that, it makes it that much harder when you have to ask sellers for serial numbers that should be listed in the descriptions to begin with.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who collect a player jersey number, how much competition do you see for them? i suspect the biggies (Ripken, Jeter, Griffey, Henderson, Bonds, Thomas, Ryan, etc) sees a lot of competition, but how about the lesser collected players. Do you have any rivals that make you pay or frustrate you in your efforts? I suspect that there are more serial number collectors than you'd think and since the majority of collectors/dealers seem to be oblivious to that, it makes it that much harder when you have to ask sellers for serial numbers that should be listed in the descriptions to begin with.

I'd say there are more uneducated sellers than buyers on serial # = jersey # cards. I can't tell you how many of these cards I've picked up on the cheap because sellers don't label them properly or put the serial # in the title. Everyone seems to be in a rush when selling anymore, as titles and descriptions on auctions are becoming more and more vague.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Honestly it wasn't all that bad, $475, on eBay no less. It had been listed before and "sold" by the same seller once before but it must have been one of those "buy to reconsign" options I hear are all the rage... Still I thought it was a fair price for it.

Holy Crap, what was the price increase on that?

Latest posts