Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Here are my show pick ups today!!1421540931126.jpg

Dealer had a "fill up a box" sale with whatever you wanted for $20.

Wound up with 80 items total ranging from old hobby magazines, 19 starting lineups, vintage Yankee pins, this lot of promos and more.

Sold a couple of the pins for $20 so wound up getting the box for free!!!!!

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Here are my show pick ups today!!View attachment 45307

Dealer had a "fill up a box" sale with whatever you wanted for $20.

Wound up with 80 items total ranging from old hobby magazines, 19 starting lineups, vintage Yankee pins, this lot of promos and more.

Sold a couple of the pins for $20 so wound up getting the box for free!!!!!

Nice, anytime to flip some to cover the rest is great ! Btw your pics show up fine in the first post

Ryan

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
QUESTION: How rare are the 1994 Score Gold Rush Samples? It doesn't seem like they would be any more difficult then the base Samples, but the Gold Rush seem to be extremely difficult to obtain. Any info from your knowledge/experience with these would be greatly appreciated!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
From the 90s Thread...

Regarding the 1994 Score Gold Rush Samples, here's the info from basecardpedia.com.

This 19-card promo set was distributed to dealers, and mass-market retailers, in three or four-card packs to promote 1994 Score Baseball. Each dealer received one basic promo, one Gold Rush promo, a Barry Larkin Dream Team promo, and an unnumbered ad-card. Retail packs contained one base, one Gold Rush, and an ad-card. The word "SAMPLE" is printed diagonally across the front and back of each card.
1 Barry Bonds
1GR Barry Bonds
2 John Olerud
2GR John Olerud
3 Ken Griffey, Jr.
3GR Ken Griffey, Jr.
4 Jeff Bagwell
4GR Jeff Bagwell
5 John Burkett
5GR John Burkett
6 Jack McDowell
6GR Jack McDowell
7 Albert Belle
7GR Albert Belle
8 Andres Galarraga
8GR Andres Galarraga
DT5 Barry Larkin
NNO Retail Ad Card
NNO Hobby Ad Card

From this info it seems like the Gold Rush cards shouldn't be that much more scarce than the regular cards. The Larkin DT's should be pretty plentiful since each dealer pack supposedly contained one.

1994%20Score%20Samples%204GR.jpg

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
I have the Griffey Jr from the set.

Do you know how to tell the difference between the 2?

There was a thread about it a while back. From what I gathered, it is extremely difficult to separate them unless the reg and preview are right next to eachother... which causes many of the "Sample/Preview" ones to be mistaken for the regular. (Which is why they never seem to pop up).

Let me try to find the thread.

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
There was a thread about it a while back. From what I gathered, it is extremely difficult to separate them unless the reg and preview are right next to eachother... which causes many of the "Sample/Preview" ones to be mistaken for the regular. (Which is why they never seem to pop up).

Let me try to find the thread.

You are absolutely correct. It took me forever to find one until I found out that the difference lies within the shade of grey in the last names at the top of the card. The preview cards have a darker shade of grey than the standard lighter grey. I can get a photo for you this Friday.

I know it for a fact because I got my Griffey from an older dealer who received his set from Donruss back in 1993. He was breaking up his Preview set.

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
You are absolutely correct. It took me forever to find one until I found out that the difference lies within the shade of grey in the last names at the top of the card. The preview cards have a darker shade of grey than the standard lighter grey. I can get a photo for you this Friday.

I know it for a fact because I got my Griffey from an older dealer who received his set from Donruss back in 1993. He was breaking up his Preview set.

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Sent you a PM. Fingers crossed. :)

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I asked in the Griffey thread, but I figured I'd ask here too...

Can anyone give me any info on these, anything would be appreciated!

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1424386920.531933.jpg
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1424386936.326317.jpg

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I asked in the Griffey thread, but I figured I'd ask here too...

Can anyone give me any info on these, anything would be appreciated!

View attachment 46735
View attachment 46736

I'm not a Griffey fan, but I know a bit about promos. Unfortunately, both of those are very common. However, there is a "Select Company" sample from that same year of Select that can be fairly tough to locate. Griffey has a checklist card in that set. As far as promos go, both of your Griffey's pictured are common and probably would fetch $2 to $5 per.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I'm not a Griffey fan, but I know a bit about promos. Unfortunately, both of those are very common. However, there is a "Select Company" sample from that same year of Select that can be fairly tough to locate. Griffey has a checklist card in that set. As far as promos go, both of your Griffey's pictured are common and probably would fetch $2 to $5 per.

ok, thanks for the info, very helpful

Members online

Latest posts