Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PROMOS/SAMPLES/PREVIEWS/PROTOTYPES/PRE-PRODUCTIONS/TESTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
What do you guys think of these? Look pretty nice! Think they are what he says they are?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X2004+topps+gold+xfractor+proof&_nkw=2004+topps+gold+xfractor+proof&_sacat=0

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I don't know about a 1/1 Proof but the back of the cards clearly state they are "NOT VALID WITHOUT STICKER".

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
I don't know about a 1/1 Proof but the back of the cards clearly state they are "NOT VALID WITHOUT STICKER".

they look real to me. and i accidentally bought one. accidentally because i may have had a couple beers prior to surfing ebay. will let people know what it looks like once in hand.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I will be listing a 1998 Pinnacle Epix Orange PROMO sometime Sunday December 14th, 2014.

you talking theses?
[h=2]Promo[/h] In September 1997 Pinnacle Brands distributed promo cards, available in all three colors, previewing the upcoming 1998 Epix inserts. There is no player depicted and the front merely has Pinnacle's "Icon" logo. Like the regular Epix inserts, the Orange promo is the easiest to find and the Emerald the scarcest.
The back of the promo card incorrectly states that the first series of Epix inserts would be released in October 1997. The first batch of Epix would not be released until December.
I still need the Emerald :(
EPIX_promo_front_0011_zps7f590917.jpg

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
magic. These are the ones. I had the Orange and Purple for some time but finally bagged the Emerald a few months ago. The Orange I listed is the extra I had. Love all baseball promos. :)

you talking theses?
Promo

In September 1997 Pinnacle Brands distributed promo cards, available in all three colors, previewing the upcoming 1998 Epix inserts. There is no player depicted and the front merely has Pinnacle's "Icon" logo. Like the regular Epix inserts, the Orange promo is the easiest to find and the Emerald the scarcest.
The back of the promo card incorrectly states that the first series of Epix inserts would be released in October 1997. The first batch of Epix would not be released until December.
I still need the Emerald :(
EPIX_promo_front_0011_zps7f590917.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
magic. These are the ones. I had the Orange and Purple for some time but finally bagged the Emerald a few months ago. The Orange I listed is the extra I had. Love all baseball promos. :)

I search off and on for a Emerald................... Dang I musta missed it :-(

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
I search for all 3 of the promo :) As you probably know they can be used for baseball, football and hockey collectors alike.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
1996 Zenith Z-Team samples?

Need some help on this one. I have only 1 card on my 1996 Manny Ramirez checklist left and it is a card I have never seen: 1996 Zenith Z-Team Samples #12 Manny Ramirez. According to baseballcardpedia:

The entire set was also available as promo cards. The promo cards, with have the word "SAMPLE" written diagonally on both sides of the card, were given away to Pinnacle's dealer network, and to collectors on the Pinnacle Brands website. These cards were made available after the 1996 Pinnacle Aficionado First Pitch Preview Cards offer was exhausted.
1 Ken Griffey, Jr.
2 Albert Belle
3 Cal Ripken, Jr.
4 Frank Thomas
5 Greg Maddux
6 Mo Vaughn
7 Chipper Jones
8 Mike Piazza
9 Ryan Klesko
10 Hideo Nomo
11 Roberto Alomar
12 Manny Ramirez
13 Gary Sheffield
14 Barry Bonds
15 Matt Williams
16 Jim Edmonds
17 Kirby Puckett
18 Sammy Sosa

However, looking around online, I have only been able to find images of card #'s 8 or below. COMC has cards #: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 in stock. I'm not a math whiz but that seems like a pattern :wink: Ebay and Beckett marketplace all have cards only #'d 8 or below. Finally, even the Griffey and Thomas can be had for $5 or less, so they don;t seem all that rare. Has anybody ever seen a Manny Ramirez, or any other player # 9-18? Is baseballcardpedia wrong and only the first half of the set was distributed? Or are the 9-18 cards just fantastically rare? Any help is appreciated.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I have talked with several other Puckett collectors and every one of them is under the impression that the puckett doesn't exist.

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
In reference to the 1996 Zenith Z team Sample cards: I the Ryan Klesko Sample card 9 of 18. Also the sample cards that I have are marked SAMPLE only on the back not the front and back

gofrankgo

Aug 11, 2008
EDIT: I must stand corrected. The word sample is only on the front NOT the back.

In reference to the 1996 Zenith Z team Sample cards: I the Ryan Klesko Sample card 9 of 18. Also the sample cards that I have are marked SAMPLE only on the back not the front and back

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Thanks for the input guys. Since the Klesko is #9 /18 perhaps only the first half of the set #1-9 was produced and 10-18 were not?

Sent from my XT1080 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bisioml

Nov 13, 2013
Hello and Happy Saturday! My name is Marco and I found this thread a few weeks ago and grew extremely excited in hopes that any of you will be able to help me or at least point me in the right direction in terms of my Griffey Jr promo/sample/prototype/preview collection. I have been collecting Junior since 1993 and have amassed a pretty awesome collection of his cards prior to 2000. I will list the cards I am searching for/don't have, in hopes that you all might be able to help. They are as follows:

1997 Studio Hard Hats Executive Sample
**1998 Donruss Collections Samples [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 56[/URL]
1998 Donruss Elite Prime Numbers 9 Die Cuts Executive Samples [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 B[/URL]
1998 Donruss Elite Prime Numbers 4 Die Cuts Executive Samples [URL=http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 C[/URL]
1998 Pinnacle Bankruptcy (I have 4 cards from these)
**1998 Pinnacle Power Pack Jumbos Samples #6
**1998 Score Rookie Traded Complete Players Samples #1 A, B, and C
1998 Topps SportzCubz #1 9

With that being said, any help would be greatly appreciated. The cards with asterisks in front of them I've never seen so a confirmation that they actually exist would be appreciated as well.

I do have a list of the Junior cards I still need so if you are looking to sell, please send me a personal message and I'll send the list.

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing back from any of you.

Marco

I'll always be a 'Kid'...like THE 'KID'!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts