Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question regarding a refunded Ebay payment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
I'm looking for some guidance on an Ebay/Paypal situation I have not dealt with before.

I won a card from a seller in Japan back in March for over $200.

The seller never returned my messages, never sent shipping information, and proceeded to receive a string of negative/neutral feedback from other buyers.

I opened a case and the seller never responded. My money was refunded by Ebay.

Six weeks later, the card finally showed up. So now I have a card in hand as well as the money that was supposed to pay for it.

Should I re-send the seller another Paypal payment out of the blue or is there a platform within Ebay to follow up on a situation like this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Send the money. Always. It's the right thing to do. As far as eBay goes, I'd try to call them or something and let them know. But you should be able to easily find the transaction via paypal and resend to the proper paypal addy.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Sometimes cards get held up at customs for a LONG time coming from Japan. I won two cards from Japan a couple months ago, never got anything or had my messages returned, opened cases, got refunds, left scathing feedback... then the freaking cards show up months later postmarked as they should have been. I revised the feedbacks and I messaged the sellers to repay, but they never responded.

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I had a card from a seller in Milwaukee show up three months late. Dude never believed me that I didn't get it even though he had tracking and it showed it was held up at the downtown Houston sort center forever. I got a refund because the PO basically couldn't find it and sure enough it showed up three months later. I messages him and told him to send his PayPal address so I could pay him his money and he still acted like he didn't believe me. I was surprised because I mean...what the hell do you want. You think I lied about a $20 card that your own tracking showed as not yet delivered and then when it did arrive, which the tracking showed when it did, I messaged you to give you your money? Anyways, I repaid him and moved on.

Members online