Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Recent slab pickups / grading

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Nice slabs @Dazed !!

More from the 2007 Playoff NFL Playoff Black Metalized grouping I subbed on various PSA subs
Average was Mint 9 on most, a few 8's, and the occasional Gem 10. Tough series honestly due to the foiling to get a Mint 9 or Gem 10
As usual had to use my camera on the phone to take front pics scans just dont do this set justice
Think I own the Harrison ,Wayne, Romo and Eli Manning top pops

Got 4 more PSA slabs from 2021 Prizm to scan and will finally be able to get some BGS done

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Last 4 PSA slabs ( for now) finally scanned. There's tons of the Herbert Hype and Chase Prizm base items slabbed
The Kuechly Orange Disco Prizm however is a Pop 1 none higher and the Bo Light Blue Prizm a PSA 10 Pop 2

Can FINALLY move on to my BGS slab backlog :cool::cool:

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
So PSA ran their first T3 sized special in a long time ( 3-4 years) recently so I sent what I could afford in
I had multiple hundreds of similar stuff set aside years ago when T3 was cheaper ($35) but never got around to doing so
Sadly its gonna cost tons more in this profit first - registry last specials- so that is MY fault not doing so back when I could

All below are going elsewhere - then gonna show a few PC-Registry slabs that just made my blood boil when I saw them

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Now the part that makes my blood boil. Its the sheer inconsistency of keeping the same slabs constant through out a submission
WHY in God's name did someone feel they needed to change slabs from the others above ?

What's worse- look at the 2000 versions- so now I have 1999 in horrible looking incorrect slabs and the 2000 in the nice looking and correct slabs

HERE IS THE 2000 VERSION OF ONE I GOT BACK IN A CORRECT SIZED SLAB
Prior slabbed 2000 version- looks great in its slab

full.jpg

What a scan of the newest trash looks like in reality when scanned is below
My scanner pics up everything - dust, lint, cheap plastic and crap plastic inserts - everything

full.jpg

Wonder why my blood boils ? Yeah- you figure it out real easy looking at that scan
My slabs all cleaned up and more visualy acceptable

full.jpg
full.jpg

My public remarks about what I experienced- the worker and QA dept have issues- BOTH ACTUALLY APPROVED THIS TRASH ??

I see two possible causes to this- and one is correctable, the other is fixable but at the expense of sending a message to others

The correctable part is added training and a better understanding from others internally about what message this issue sends to submitters, Is this what they want sent ?

"Hey we don't care , lets just slab it and knock another job out?
Who cares if the customer gets consistentcy ?
They ordered something we delivered ( actually said person delivered acceptable work- then unaccceptable work)"

The fixable issue? If this is an employee who displays repeated patterns of sub par work- counseling is an initial solution
Happens repeatedly ? Hey, forced suspensions work great elsewhere
Always hurts when they get hit in the wallet= maybe then they'll care- or quit- either way the problems gonna get fixed

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Recently I added these 3 items below to my 2008 Upper Deck Heroes subsets
Never slabbed the base as base are always the last to be slabbed
I already had a slabbed Black, but it came back a BGS 7, so it necessitated an upgrade

Just never got around to slabbing that Light Blue patch until now

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Here for brevity's sake is the run I have right now slabbed. Right now 8 slabs away from a run- 3 I have- and 5 I don't
I need to locate 5 very, very difficult items ( 3 low # parallels and 2 low # Purple autos) to complete the series
The Purple are just a matter of knowing the right collectors and being there at the right time

Not bad considering I did not even buy this series when it first came out as I was moving cross country during its release distribution

BASE AND BASE PARALLELS
======================

BASE (not numbered)

full.jpg

EMERALD # to 499
full.jpg

CHARCOAL # to 399
full.jpg

BEIGE # to 299
full.jpg

RED # to 249
full.jpg

NAVY BLUE # to 199
Still need to slab this one- I do own it

BROWN # to 149
full.jpg

SEA GREEN # to 99
Need to locate multiple copies and slab one at least

LIGHT BLUE # to 49

PURPLE # to 25

JERSEYS
===============

CHARCOAL JSY- unnumbered

full.jpg

LIGHT BLUE JSY # to 200
full.jpg

BLACK JSY # to 125
full.jpg

RED JSY - # to 100
Still need to slab this one

NAVY BLUE JSY # to 50
full.jpg

EMERALD JSY # to 25
full.jpg

PATCHES
========

LIGHT BLUE PATCH # to 25

full.jpg

BEIGE PATCH # to 10
full.jpg

AUTOS
========

full.jpg

I need the rest- a Patch Auto # to 10, Purple Auto # to 5 and Purple Patch Auto # to 5

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More Clemens slab scan catch ups. From 2007 Premier Stitchings I slabbed the last of card # 50 Stitchings-7 CY Youngs- the Base Silver version ( TOP SCAN)
Has a Silver # to 50 ( this one), another Gold one ( # to 35) and a Platinum # to 10
Strangely owned the Platinum # to 10 first then got the others
Need to finish some of these nuisance Stitchings cards subsets

FYI- not sure who UD used - but they screwed post production up on many of these. Only visible to those who broke tons. It "should" have consistency of product variation and it doesn't. Silver variations with Gold borders
Golds with Platinum finishes on the edges. Platinums with dull base silver or gold linings. A bunch of green tinted ones. Made no sense on this series -which for UD is not normal - can usually read their stuff like a book
SILVER ( # to 50)= NEWLY SLABBED

full.jpg

ONES I HAD SLABBED ALREADY

GOLD ( # to 35)

full.jpg

PLATINUM ( # to 10)

full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Apparenty skipped over these 2005 items

In 2005 FLEER NATIONAL PASTIME was one of the final sets they were able to get out before the bankruptcy halted everything. Lord knows Fleer if they could have survived would have started crushing it hobby wise - the sets were getting better each year

2005 NATIONAL PASTIME
Info about this series can be found above

Starting with his Base item- card # 26 - Clemens has 4 variations in descending order- Base, Red # to 150, White # to 22, and Blue # to 1/1

OK- here's where problems arise. See my Blue Foil? Slabbed less than 2 years after the set came out in 2007- unnumbered. Supposedy replacement items filtered out of Fleer's Bankruptcy ( less than 10 each replacement was the explanation) of these 1/1 items
So I consider this the unnumbered /10 version and will until I see the actual 1/1 stamped version

Special thanks to @jmc855 ( Jay) who was nice enough to trade me a White /22 for one of my rare Clemens items I had serial # dupes of. That White foil barely spent a day here before mailing it to be slabbed

All I have left to slab is the base item and the base series I'll consider done
RED FOIL

full.jpg

WHITE FOIL

full.jpg

BLUE FOIL

full.jpg
Next up is his GRAND OLD GAMERS variations
There are 5 total items - a Base card, a Jersey short printed to 50, two Patch cards both short printed # /22 and a 1/1 Masterpiece
I am missing just his Blue Jersey Dual Patch # /22 and the Masterpiece 1/1 so just 1 card honestly to find and this will be done. This time I slabbed the base item just to get that pile of dust covered items down more
BASE

full.jpg

JERSEY SHORT PRINT # to / 50

full.jpg

DUAL PATCH KWRC # to /22

full.jpg
Last up is the HISTORICAL RECORD items. These patches- yeah- gotta have money to complete as your competing against some serious player guys
Never really spent time the last 10 years trying so maybe in the near future I'll see whats out there and make some inquiries now that I'm able
I do have two of them slabbed I'll see what else my inventory search digs up
full.jpg
full.jpg

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Apparenty skipped over these 2005 items

In 2005 FLEER NATIONAL PASTIME was one of the final sets they were able to get out before the bankruptcy halted everything. Lord knows Fleer if they could have survived would have started crushing it hobby wise - the sets were getting better each year

2005 NATIONAL PASTIME
Info about this series can be found above

Starting with his Base item- card # 26 - Clemens has 4 variations in descending order- Base, Red # to 150, White # to 22, and Blue # to 1/1

OK- here's where problems arise. See my Blue Foil? Slabbed less than 2 years after the set came out in 2007- unnumbered. Supposedy replacement items filtered out of Fleer's Bankruptcy ( less than 10 each replacement was the explanation) of these 1/1 items
So I consider this the unnumbered /10 version and will until I see the actual 1/1 stamped version

Special thanks to @jmc855 ( Jay) who was nice enough to trade me a White /22 for one of my rare Clemens items I had serial # dupes of. That White foil barely spent a day here before mailing it to be slabbed

All I have left to slab is the base item and the base series I'll consider done
RED FOIL

View attachment 353308

WHITE FOIL

View attachment 353309

BLUE FOIL

View attachment 353310
Next up is his GRAND OLD GAMERS variations
There are 5 total items - a Base card, a Jersey short printed to 50, two Patch cards both short printed # /22 and a 1/1 Masterpiece
I am missing just his Blue Jersey Dual Patch # /22 and the Masterpiece 1/1 so just 1 card honestly to find and this will be done. This time I slabbed the base item just to get that pile of dust covered items down more
BASE

View attachment 353311

JERSEY SHORT PRINT # to / 50

View attachment 353312

DUAL PATCH KWRC # to /22

View attachment 353313
Last up is the HISTORICAL RECORD items. These patches- yeah- gotta have money to complete as your competing against some serious player guys
Never really spent time the last 10 years trying so maybe in the near future I'll see whats out there and make some inquiries now that I'm able
I do have two of them slabbed I'll see what else my inventory search digs up
View attachment 353314
View attachment 353315
Nice.

Those GoG base cards are sharp with the big flag theme.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
More Clemens slab scan catch ups. From 2007 Premier Stitchings I slabbed the last of card # 50 Stitchings-7 CY Youngs- the Base Silver version ( TOP SCAN)
Has a Silver # to 50 ( this one), another Gold one ( # to 35) and a Platinum # to 10
Strangely owned the Platinum # to 10 first then got the others
Need to finish some of these nuisance Stitchings cards subsets

FYI- not sure who UD used - but they screwed post production up on many of these. Only visible to those who broke tons. It "should" have consistency of product variation and it doesn't. Silver variations with Gold borders
Golds with Platinum finishes on the edges. Platinums with dull base silver or gold linings. A bunch of green tinted ones. Made no sense on this series -which for UD is not normal - can usually read their stuff like a book
SILVER ( # to 50)= NEWLY SLABBED

View attachment 353222

ONES I HAD SLABBED ALREADY

GOLD ( # to 35)

View attachment 353223

PLATINUM ( # to 10)

View attachment 353224
Ugh.... you made me look..... apparently i have varying tiers. Only 2 platinums /10........ i just wanted one of each patch as i gathered, never paid attention to stamps#s

Attachments

• 20240112_145855.jpg
    20240112_145855.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 3

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
2005 ETOPPS JOURNEY

So back in this older post I posted about my 2005 ETOPPS journey while working on my Clemens registry
Recently was able to gather my raw stuff and slab some of them finally after getting the OPG handled properly
It then took me the last 5 months to get the jobs to show properly so my slabs would appear in my registry and map properly . Along the way I've gathered some show stuff I came across inventory wise

Two things I'm sure of- that I have more items / paperwork buried, and since I didn't exactly keep up the last 7-10 years more may have popped up I wouldn't have seen because frankly I have stayed off eBay except to sell . Trying to figure out exactly how many Econ4 and Econ5 had, and looks like crowd sourcing is gonna be the solution

Here is what I now have slabbed / located for just 2005 Etopps ( along with Econ 4 and 5 show variations)
Gotta find more of that #ES13 and get a Gem = gonna take a bit Topps QC sucks as always

NOTE: I also located 2002, 2003 and 2004 variations from those two shows - I will update those when I get that far
For now- 2005 variations only since its 2005 eTopps inventory the insurance folks want shown

Clemens is most definitely NOT on the Etopps Event Series #19 Houston Astros World Series Liftoff so that ones still raw. I may slab using PSA since there's Astros collectors, Oswalt guys etc etc etc

BTW = see me if selling and Econ4 or Econ5 Clemens- I generally pay 100% or more on values
Also see me even if your not selling your copy = I'd still like to see pics of other variations to compile a proper list

OPG # 5701132 = 2005 eTopps #13 Houston Astros/1227
Actual Title says "Houston Astros 2005"
full.jpg

OPG # 7622051 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #14 Houston Astros/650 *
Actual title should say "Astros Have a Record July"
full.jpg
OPG # 7622054 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #17 Houston Marathon/1000 *
Actual Title says " Houston Marathon"
full.jpg
OPG # 7622056 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #19 Houston Astros/579 *
Actual Title says " Houston Astros World Series Liftoff"
full.jpg
OK- here are the 2005 ETOPPS # 80 plus all show variations I was able to locate and scan for the insurance folks
Some from Econ4 in 2006 and some from Econ5 in 2007

full.jpg

ECON4 VARIATIONS
==============

full.jpg
full.jpg
ECON5 VARIATIONS
================
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
2005 ETOPPS JOURNEY

So back in this older post I posted about my 2005 ETOPPS journey while working on my Clemens registry
Recently was able to gather my raw stuff and slab some of them finally after getting the OPG handled properly
It then took me the last 5 months to get the jobs to show properly so my slabs would appear in my registry and map properly . Along the way I've gathered some show stuff I came across inventory wise

Two things I'm sure of- that I have more items / paperwork buried, and since I didn't exactly keep up the last 7-10 years more may have popped up I wouldn't have seen because frankly I have stayed off eBay except to sell . Trying to figure out exactly how many Econ4 and Econ5 had, and looks like crowd sourcing is gonna be the solution

Here is what I now have slabbed / located for just 2005 Etopps ( along with Econ 4 and 5 show variations)
Gotta find more of that #ES13 and get a Gem = gonna take a bit Topps QC sucks as always

NOTE: I also located 2002, 2003 and 2004 variations from those two shows - I will update those when I get that far
For now- 2005 variations only since its 2005 eTopps inventory the insurance folks want shown

Clemens is most definitely NOT on the Etopps Event Series #19 Houston Astros World Series Liftoff so that ones still raw. I may slab using PSA since there's Astros collectors, Oswalt guys etc etc etc

BTW = see me if selling and Econ4 or Econ5 Clemens- I generally pay 100% or more on values
Also see me even if your not selling your copy = I'd still like to see pics of other variations to compile a proper list

OPG # 5701132 = 2005 eTopps #13 Houston Astros/1227
Actual Title says "Houston Astros 2005"
View attachment 353444

OPG # 7622051 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #14 Houston Astros/650 *
Actual title should say "Astros Have a Record July"
View attachment 353445
OPG # 7622054 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #17 Houston Marathon/1000 *
Actual Title says " Houston Marathon"
View attachment 353446
OPG # 7622056 = 2005 eTopps Season Events #19 Houston Astros/579 *
Actual Title says " Houston Astros World Series Liftoff"
View attachment 353447
OK- here are the 2005 ETOPPS # 80 plus all show variations I was able to locate and scan for the insurance folks
Some from Econ4 in 2006 and some from Econ5 in 2007

View attachment 353448

ECON4 VARIATIONS
==============

View attachment 353449
View attachment 353450
ECON5 VARIATIONS
================
View attachment 353451
View attachment 353452
View attachment 353453
Ahhhhh. So THERE ARE Les Paul 1/1s! I have 4 different 1/1s, all NOT Les Pauls, which is the guitar I actually play and love. I figured there had to be Les Paul versions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240114_115344_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240114_115344_eBay.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_114259.jpg
    20240114_114259.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_114158.jpg
    20240114_114158.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_114154.jpg
    20240114_114154.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_114146.jpg
    20240114_114146.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240114_121509.jpg
    20240114_121509.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
2007 BOWMAN'S BEST SET

@Griffin or @Shaggy = please fix the insert function= still inserting links far left instead of inserting where I'm writing. Doesn't matter what I try just moves it far left

Updated scans of some base cards from this set I never showed
I do have two Golds lying around and I just bought a third on feebay last week that should arrive I need to slab. Surfaces on these are a pain. I'll upgrade someday when I want to, right now not wasting the time or funds

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

And a bunch of PSA re-slabs now back . Had to use my phone on that Bowman's Best
Two for the PC and two in da store

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Miscellaneous scans of several slabs from sets begun from the dust piles back
Many of these sets have tons of base stuff I havent submitted
Now that I'm attacking 10-12 yr old dust piles we should start seeing more base, refractors and misc stuff
Most all are not serial numbered ( meaning the lowest priority on my submission lists)

The Topps Co-sgners I just started slabbing thats one of those hundred plus variaton sets last on my lists
Below that two resales going you know where
Surfaces on Mosaic are such a pain- those HD as just like it- they show any defects easily

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Added more recent slab scans back. Also ID a mislabel on a recent return so that ones head back to be fixed. First up - the mislabel. It is the Best Wishes version- the word VERY is not on this item. Simple mistake

Hard to fathom how it happens when I provided the OPG item # on every item for the sub
But hey- minor annoyance- it will get fixed

full.jpg

And a few from 2005 Diamond Kings from the dust piles. Mostly base with a few serial numbered variations mixed in. Think the dust pile of these is cut in quarters now, but I still have 80 or 100 more plus variations to send in
These are part of a whole slew of DLP, Topps, UD series that had never ending variations
I do not prioritize them at all- they sit , and are literally last on the priority list I use when submitting. Basically use them as fillers to top off subs. They generally grade near mint, with ocassional higher grades, and sometimes lower

A few Astros variations, one Red Sox, and 4 of the Yankees
Going to have to upgrade the Blue Black and White Yanks variation

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
TOPPS 205 POST

I posted back in October 2003 about scanning base items for the inventory people and one of the sets was my 2003 Topps 205. Updating some new slabs back and they returned my mislabeled 2003 Topps 205 Sovereign Green to me, so here's the scan of that one

I haven't started in on either of these below sets, so these were just the first salvo ,as I'm sure I have tons more base items from both laying around
Think there's just 4 items in 2003 Bowman Chrome so I just gotta locate some of my refractors to slab and that subset is done. Did find 2 unopened / sealed Gold Refractors ,so I'll just keep them as is. Will upgrade that Xfractor down the road

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Last edited:

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Nice. Sadly 05 DK feels like topps moments and milestones..... it............never...............................................e........n................................d...................s

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
More catch up done, and I caught more errors when I went to put away prior scanned items
I came across a 2nd mislabel - BOTH of these from the same submission I just got back
In case no ones noticing these piles are crammed with 2004 / 2005 base items
It's because I'm attacking all my " dust piles "

Leaf Exhibits- should be just Best Wishes Right the word Very is not on the card - correct OPG # 4965988
Studio Portraits Certified Sepia- should be Throwback Threads Sepia B/W just look at the back of the card- hello- correct OPG #5094525

Hard to fathom- I mean I give them the OPG # on my sheets - do they not believe me ??
Will send them back to get fixed - just a nuisance easily handled

full.jpg
full.jpg

Like Jay @jmc855 said in a prior comment -- various DLP sets ,,,,,,,,,, it ............ never ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ends
Well I guess Sportscasters fits that profile - three new slabs are back with another 80+ more to slab

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
PSA finally added 20 of my prior year slabbed Nomar inserts to the Nomar master registry makeup
Already had those scanned so spending today uploading pics and adding slabs

Was able to add 4 Nomar slabs to the stash recently, although two will take more work to get uploaded since they are not in the master profile yet

Three of the new ones are Pop 1 item currently, with the fourth - the Fleer League Leaders - being very popular with Jeter guys and that is a Pop 22 in PSA 10

I put in new requests to get the 99 Ionix and 00 Fleer Showcase Long Gone added to the master registry makeup, with the 03 Big League & 00 League Leaders already in
the master registry profile

For @jmc855 - not gonna re-post registry pictures you asked for - just go to my album for other registry pics
While its not all of them will do for now. All the Elites and 2001 stuff I just slabbed are there to view
NOMAR SLAB PICS

full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

jeffv96masters

Aug 14, 2008
Some slabs I've been meaning to enter into my Clemens registry to finish off a small 20 card order from Oct 2023. Still have a bunch of July 2023 subs to scan so backogs getting up there again gotta knuckle down

A little disappointed in the Finest but the surface sucked so I sent it in first as I figured that will be the "low" bar. Not suprised it graded so low as the stars and moons surface reflections really don't pop like they should

On the Omegas- I subbed a dupe I had and traded away the Sox uniform # to Jay @jmc855 to add to his uni # stash

The Revolutions are just fine pleased with both grades. Pacific cards are not known for their great condition. Personally I like the Gold tint on the base item better than the Silver tint on the Tiers card

full.jpg

full.jpg
full.jpg

OLD PREMIERE DATE

full.jpg

NEW PREMIERE DATE

full.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts