Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
It does not have a recessed area. It is in a penny sleeve (Ultra Pro) and the screws are not completely tightened down. Just enough that the card won't move. Should I put it in a different holder?

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Anyone ever seen one of these before?

Henderson_ChicagoSLU.jpg

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Hendersonfan said:
It does not have a recessed area. It is in a penny sleeve (Ultra Pro) and the screws are not completely tightened down. Just enough that the card won't move. Should I put it in a different holder?

I would without a doubt, you don't want excess pressure on the corners for any amount of time, especially with a gloss surface. Or you can just sell it to me and I can take better care of it! :twisted:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
rickeyfanatic said:
Hendersonfan said:

I would without a doubt, you don't want excess pressure on the corners for any amount of time, especially with a gloss surface. Or you can just sell it to me and I can take better care of it! :twisted:

:lol:

I would definitely put that bad boy into a more modern holder. It's a nice card, it deserves a nice case.

The SLU is pretty hilarious. I wonder how rare it is? It really jumps out at you, I can't imagine somebody having one and not noticing the Chicago...

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I'll swap it out, but I thought that was a nice case for the card? I should have some other 4 screws with a recessed area. Want to distinguish it and a few others from the regular serial numbered cards in one screw holders.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So I took all cards out of the lucite "bricks" today. Is there any good use for them? Should I just get regular one screws or do they make thicker ones? My plan is to build/buy some type of display case and I was going to put the platinum gold and other cards on display.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
If you have a table with 1 leg that's too short, one of those lucite bricks would be perfect! Or if you need something to throw at somebody, but don't want to hit them with the full weight of a traditional brick. What I did with mine was throw them in this box with tons of used supplies that I have acquired via thousands of incoming cards. Mine are recessed and everything, I just think they are way too huge and bulky.

You could try the magnetic one touches if you would like to easily distinguish them from the other cards. I'm not 100% sure, but if memory serves they are taller than the screw downs so they stand out/stick up above the rest. For the display, I have lots of these little things:

norimbaseball.jpg

Not the whole thing that somebody put together, just the little "easels". Those are the only ones I could find, I don't know what they're really called. I like them because you can just leave your card in the case it's in, and set it on there. So easy to switch out. I don't actually use them, they're in a box near the box with the lucite bricks....

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
DavidEich said:
ManOfSteal said:
Anyone ever seen one of these before?

Henderson_ChicagoSLU.jpg
Brad I'm curious does the back say Henderson 24. or is that wrong as well?
Oh and no never seen one before but I also have never looked, like everyone else probably did I did a quick check on mine . I do have a few people I am going to bug about it. Very nice.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So I've seen a couple of 94 or 95? Score Gold Rush cards with a Pinnacle logo punched into the bottom corner. I've heard these were redeemed for another prize. Does Rickey have one?

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hendersonfan said:
So I've seen a couple of 94 or 95? Score Gold Rush cards with a Pinnacle logo punched into the bottom corner. I've heard these were redeemed for another prize. Does Rickey have one?
I'm pretty sure they are from 1995 and are early release of the Platinum Team Sets, Don't know how many were issued that way but I have never seen nor heard of Rickey being made and since he was series 2 I'm fairly sure he doesn't exist.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:
I'm pretty sure they are from 1995 and are early release of the Platinum Team Sets, Don't know how many were issued that way but I have never seen nor heard of Rickey being made and since he was series 2 I'm fairly sure he doesn't exist.

If you sent in 4 Gold Rush Team Sets from 1995 Score, you would get back 4 Platinum Team Sets along with the ones you sent in that were stamped with the Pinnacle logo to show they were redeemed. This was for both series I & II. Since Rickey was in Series II, I am sure several collectors redeemed their Athletics Gold Team for a Platinum Gold Team. Many collectors might have thought the cards were damaged with the stamp and threw them away. I completed the whole Series I set and when I sold the Platinum teams on ebay, I included the stamped Gold Rush teams as well.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
KLARNOLD said:
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:

If you sent in 4 Gold Rush Team Sets from 1995 Score, you would get back 4 Platinum Team Sets along with the ones you sent in that were stamped with the Pinnacle logo to show they were redeemed. This was for both series I & II. Since Rickey was in Series II, I am sure several collectors redeemed their Athletics Gold Team for a Platinum Gold Team. Many collectors might have thought the cards were damaged with the stamp and threw them away. I completed the whole Series I set and when I sold the Platinum teams on ebay, I included the stamped Gold Rush teams as well.
I redeemed a complete series 1 and some of series 2 including 2 A's sets, I dont remember if they gave back the goldrush or not But I know for sure not one of them from series 1 or 2 were marked in any way. So if yours were marked and returned that is your good fortune but they definitely didnt do that for everyone.

Members online

Latest posts