Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
Just wanted to remind everyone to watch Rickey on TV tonight! He's playing in the celebrity softball game (they actually played the game last night) which will be on after the Home Run Derby.

Arg. On ESPN. I think that means it won't be available on mlb.tv. At least, I don't think it will. Maybe tomorrow...

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
RL24 said:
"... and all the while CC was kicking major ass. ... You know it was a pitchers duel when the game is over and there are still no earned runs...

Yeah, I had Shields on my fantasy team. Sucks to give up 4 hits, one walk, complete game, no earned runs against that loaded lineup....and get saddled with the L. Oh well, Sheilds has been awesome this year and his record definitely doesn't tell the story of how good he's been pitching (although I still think CC is going to get the Cy). BTW, interesting that some experts say CC is the only possible active pitcher with a shot at 300 wins (besides someone like Lincecum who hasn't been around long enough to project that yet). Thoughts?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Did you guys see the HR Derby? I was hoping so, so you guys know that he's not my favorite active player who's not a pitcher just because he wears 24 for the Yankees.

It is pretty cool though!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
tonsofcommons said:
Anyone need a 1994 CC Gold Signature of Rickey?

Is it #131 or #510?

I have 1994 Collector's Choice Gold Signature 131, but not #510. I would not say I need it though, so if anybody else does.....

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
And here's Rickey giving some high fives to the ever-delicious Katie Upton.

upton-yes-18.jpg

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
rickeyfanatic said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

If I win, me and my 10 closest friends are going to get our asses handed to us. You really have to play against the legends, and that's your prize? :benson: Ouch!
I'll be a big loser with 3 sharpies on me at all times!

I agree! If you're going to lose, it might as well be to 10 Hall of Famers!

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Leffer said:
And here's Rickey giving some high fives to the ever-delicious Katie Upton.

upton-yes-18.jpg

That would make a sweet poster in my office or garage. "No honey, I only got it because it has Rickey on it!! I SWEAR!!!" :lol:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
ManOfSteal said:
rickeyfanatic said:
RL24 said:
ManOfSteal said:

If I win, me and my 10 closest friends are going to get our asses handed to us. You really have to play against the legends, and that's your prize? :benson: Ouch!
I'll be a big loser with 3 sharpies on me at all times!

I agree! If you're going to lose, it might as well be to 10 Hall of Famers!

It just struck me as strange, mainly the way they make it seem like 1 team will be made up of legends and the other team made up of losers. A better presentation of the prize would be "Winner will be the captain of the home team. Each team will take turns picking players, choosing from 10 legends and 10 of your loser friends."

The way it is, I could see myself hanging out in the other team's dug out the whole time. :lol: And I would probably get smashed in the face with a liner while trying to talk to the guy on 2nd about his legendary career. :benson:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
Grab it Ryan

[ebay:159bnec0]370526859183[/ebay:159bnec0]

Thanks for the heads up! But... What am I gonna do? Make a $30 offer? :?

ETA: Seriously, thanks for the heads up. I really really need them. I checked ebay yesterday for the first time in who knows how long, and I got kind of sad wondering which jersey # cards slipped past me.

It's sad throwing this wedding though. On the one hand, that card is less expensive than borrowing table cloths for a day. On the other hand, I spent that money to rent table cloths for a day. ::facepalm::

I gotta get into this wedding business. They charge you insane amounts of money to borrow their stuff. The next day they have their stuff back, and your money. :!: Come to think of it, that's how all rental gigs work. :idea:

Members online

Latest posts