Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Big list! And yes, thank you! I've just been making up a description for the very few new cards I have picked up.

I have my collection scattered all over the bedroom. I'll definitely have my list updated soon! (or be kicked out and homeless)...

Don't worry Brad, I came to the part where people were trying to cut in line and I will not allow it! :lol:

Sorry fellow Rickey collectors....

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
There is a 95 Topps Cyberstats on eBay. Seller has it listed as error. Says Ricky on front not Rickey. I looked on Rickeypedia and his copy appears to say Ricky too. Don't have time to dig mine out yet, but can anyone else check to see if this was an UER or if there are 2 versions? The regular issue says Rickey.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Hendersonfan said:
There is a 95 Topps Cyberstats on eBay. Seller has it listed as error. Says Ricky on front not Rickey. I looked on Rickeypedia and his copy appears to say Ricky too. Don't have time to dig mine out yet, but can anyone else check to see if this was an UER or if there are 2 versions? The regular issue says Rickey.

Mine says "Ricky" as well. I've never noticed that it was spelled right on the base, but not the CyberStats. There could be a corrected version, but I doubt it.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
That one is the ugliest one I've seen though! Pretty easy to let that one go....

I played with baseball cards, it was pretty stupid and overwhelming. I started off in 1987, then when I got to 1989 I thought "This is stupid, I haven't traded anything this old" because that's what I'm kinda trying to do, figure out which Rickeys I still have. So then I skipped to 1999, and the first card was there... Aurora... but then the next card, an Aurora that's #01/31 wasn't there. OK, maybe I traded it? But maybe not, because the whole next chunk of cards is just missing, all the way to 99 Finest. So I spent the rest of the night looking for that missing section, with no luck.

Maybe I'll have better luck tonight. At least I'll have a teammate to help watch the kid, unlike last night...

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
cbrandtw said:
I picked up a big one today guys. I'll leave you guessing until it actually arrives in hand.

Here's what I got in the mail today.

IMG_20111221_200235-1.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I usually check eBay every day for new items. Sometimes I'll check the high dollar items to see what's out there. Today the same card is shown in three auctions from the same seller. Seems a little odd to me.

Rickey with other patches for $3K
[ebay:2kvfvs82]220903226883[/ebay:2kvfvs82]

Rickey patch for $899
[ebay:2kvfvs82]220903226883[/ebay:2kvfvs82]

Same Rickey patch listed for $395
[ebay:2kvfvs82]220918072372[/ebay:2kvfvs82]

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
cbrandtw said:
cbrandtw said:
I picked up a big one today guys. I'll leave you guessing until it actually arrives in hand.

Here's what I got in the mail today.

IMG_20111221_200235-1.jpg

NICE!!! It looks in GREAT shape. They shipped you that $1k card in a friggin flimsy toploader?!?!?!? ::facepalm:: Whoa. No hard plastic, no nothing? Did you get the whole set with the header card, or just his card? Very sweet. Merry Xmas to you.

Brad, thanks for the list, but why would Beckett not recognize the Leaf Cut Signature cards from 2010 and 2011? Seems odd. Here's what I know of those:

2010 Razor Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Auto (#/40)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" (#/45)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" with Enos Slaughter (#/10)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" with Hank Aaron (#/9)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" with Stan Musial (#/10)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" with Hal Newhouser (#/10)
2010 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Update Auto "The Search for Shoeless Joe" with Catfish Hunter (#/9)

2011 Leaf Best of Baseball Cut Signatures Auto (no serial #)
2011 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Auto "Baseball Hall of Famer" (#/22)
2011 Leaf Cut Signature Edition Sports Icons Auto "3000 Hit Club Members" with Stan Musial (#/7)

cbrandtw

Sep 12, 2008
Daphne, AL
They did not send the card in the card saver. I put it in there. I'm about to send it off to get graded and they require the cards to be in these things when you ship them. I received the entire set. I haven't checked the other cards out yet.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Hendersonfan said:
I have never seen nor heard of a corrected version of the Cyberstats.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:

That's what I figured. I checked your site, which I have dubbed "Rickeypedia" and didn't see a corrected version shown or on your want list.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:

Merry Christmas everyone, and welcome to the Rickey board Dave!

Members online

Latest posts