Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
ManOfSteal said:
DavidEich said:
Hendersonfan said:
There is a 95 Topps Cyberstats on eBay. Seller has it listed as error. Says Ricky on front not Rickey. I looked on Rickeypedia and his copy appears to say Ricky too. Don't have time to dig mine out yet, but can anyone else check to see if this was an UER or if there are 2 versions? The regular issue says Rickey.
I have never seen nor heard of a corrected version of the Cyberstats.

Merry Christmas everyone, and welcome to the Rickey board Dave!

Thanks Brad, and Merry Christmas or Happy Rickey Day. Isn't it pretty cool that I am fairly sure we all get Rickey stuff on Rickey's Birthday. At least I do, I put it in the Pre-Nup.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Happy Hendersonmas everybody! I hope everybody had/is having a great Christmas! I had probably my best ever, Renée is old enough this year to rip open presents, and then get all excited about them. It was great! And everybody spoiled Nené which was lovely. I asked for a Thomas the Train set, because that's what she is really in to right now, and I got one! :D It was funny because the box looked like a shirt, and somebody handed it over, "This one's for Ryan" and I was thinking "Oh boy, looks like another shirt" but when I took the box, it was different... it was all fun, and rattled... it was like being a kid again!

I opened my present from Scott Leff, it was awesome, a 24/36 GU card from 2011 TTT. I almost cried. I was explaining to my wife's brother how we put this card under the tree because we just really don't have money to buy each other gifts this year. Meanwhile, my wife is opening our present from her brother... an effing Wii!!! I could not believe it. Still can't. Manoman, life is good.

I gave a toast to the family last night, and concluded with "Let's not forget the real reason that Becky and I invite you all over this time of year... It's Rickey's birthday!" Some people were lost, but most people know that Rickey is a big part of the family....

DSC00662.jpg

(Just took this photo mere moments ago...)

Welcome aboard Dave indeed! What a great day to join! As a reward... here is a list of cards that I have in a box. They are all dupes for trade and I definitely own all of them at this very moment in time...

2002 Studio Leather and Lumber Artist's Proofs 14 #20/50
2003 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads Prime Angels-Padres 54 #05/15
2003 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Padres JN 89JN #17/24
2003 Leaf Limited Threads Prime Mets 95 #05/25 (little white corner patch)
2003 Studio Leather and Lumber Combos Bat-Ball 37 #22/25
2004 Absolute Memorabilia ToT Material Combo PS Padres Bat-Jsy 122 #15/25 & #19/25
2004 Absolute Memorabilia Tools of the Trade Material Five M's 123 #18/25
2004 Diamond Kings DK Materials Bronze FB Bat-Jsy 153 #21/30
2004 Diamond Kings DK Materials Framed Bronze FB Bat-Jsy 153 #13/25
2004 Diamond Kings DK Materials Framed Silver Sepia FB Bat-Jsy 153 #11/15
2004 Diamond Kings DK Materials Gold Bat-Jsy 150 #07/25
2004 D Classics Dress Code Jersey Number 13 #20/25
2004 Donruss Elite Throwback Threads 45 #013/100
2004 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game AL/NL Yanks Jsy 98 #05/25
2004 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Reward Yanks Jsy 98 #11/25
2004 Leaf Exhibits 1921 American League 39 #06/21 Legend Code: 1921AML
2004 Leaf Exhibits 1921 American League 39 #18/21 Legend Code: 1921
2004 Leaf Limited Player Threads Triple Dgr-M's-Mets Pants 10 #06/25
2004 Playoff Honors Tandem Material Combo D.Sanders Bat-Jsy/R.H Bat-Jsy 23 #05/25
2004 Prime Cuts Material Combos Dodgers Bat-Jsy 13 #13/25 & #15/25 & #21/25
2004 SP Game Used Patch HOF Numbers RH #11/25
2004 Timeless Treasures Gold 95 #03/10
2004 Timeless Treasures Signature Bronze 95 #03/25
2005 Abs Mem Heroes Swatch Triple Bat-Hat-Jsy 2 #18/25 & 22/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Six Swatch Single Spectrum Los Angeles Dodgers 8 #18/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Six Swatch Single Spectrum w/N.Ryan/Snider Mets 14 #08/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Six Swatch Single Spectrum Anaheim Angels 16 #11/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Tandems Swatch Single Hat w/Vladimir Guerrero Jsy 33 #04/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Tandems Swatch Single Spectrum T.Glaus/R.Hend Bat 38 #06/25 & #15/25 & #16/25
2005 Abs Mem Team Tandems Swatch Single Spectrum Jkt w/Alfonzo Bat 79 2005 Abs Mem ToT Swatch Quad Prime Red Mets Bat-Jkt-Jsy-Pants 54 #03/10
2005 Abs Mem ToT Swatch Triple Mets Jkt-Jsy-Pants 54 #03/25 & #17/25
2005 Abs Mem ToT Swatch Triple A's Btg Glv-Jsy-Pants 94 #08/25
2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game Mets Jkt 96 #21/25

This box has been picked through by most people, but... if anybody has some 24's for me and we have a sort of pending :lol: trade going, LMK and I'll remove them from this list and from the box...

Have a great day guys!!!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Wifey got me the 2009 Rickey bobblehead for Christmas! I opened it up and the hand was broke off. I was pissed, but she was more upset than I was. I'll grab some super glue and fix it. May get another in the future, but I now have every Rickey bobble and 2/3 of the McFarlane's.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Oh, I forgot Dave, welcome to the board. I sent a friend request. I think I have sent them to all Rickey collector's, if I have not, nothing personal. So feel free to send one to me if I have not sent one to you.

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
To all you Rickey collectors: why the heck is the 2002 Topps Traded card so tough to find? I know it is a short print, but man. There is none on Ebay, COMC or burbank. Is it just that popular? I can find the Gold and Chrome easy enough...

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
OscarOne said:
To all you Rickey collectors: why the heck is the 2002 Topps Traded card so tough to find? I know it is a short print, but man. There is none on Ebay, COMC or burbank. Is it just that popular? I can find the Gold and Chrome easy enough...

I actually had no idea they were so scarce, until you said something. There's a single dealer in the Beckett Marketplace that has 5 copies, but he wants $16 each, which is pretty crazy! I'll have to keep my eye out for this one, as I'd probably have considered it a typical common.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
ManOfSteal said:
OscarOne said:

I actually had no idea they were so scarce, until you said something. There's a single dealer in the Beckett Marketplace that has 5 copies, but he wants $16 each, which is pretty crazy! I'll have to keep my eye out for this one, as I'd probably have considered it a typical common.

Is this T74?

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
It is a pretty tough card, not sure why.

How tough is the 1999 Finest Gold Refractor? I know it's /100 but I can't remember seeing one on Ebay or anywhere else for sale in quite a while. You guys all have a copy?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Somebody has 1999 Finest Gold Refractors 159 #041/100, and it might even be me! Unless I traded it to one of you guys... :lol:

Which reminds me... thanks Larry for keeping me from looking around too much for that #01/31 card. Did you happen to notice if there were like 20 cards sticking to the back? ;)

I have never owned T74, didn't know it was tough but it must be! I'm missing very few base cards from 2002, it's right when I got back into collecting and started trading online...

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
RL24 said:
Somebody has 1999 Finest Gold Refractors 159 #041/100, and it might even be me! Unless I traded it to one of you guys... :lol:

Ryan, I hope you still have it, as that's one of the few cards left on my want list of cards from you in trade for the #24/s :)

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
I've been meaning to go through the Beckett checklist, and see if they've added anything old to the checklist recently. There wasn't too much, but I did note that the following were now included:

1990 Baseball Wit Unnumbered #37 Rickey Henderson
1992 Panini Stickers French #21 Rickey Henderson
1992 Panini Stickers French #278 Rickey Henderson AS
1993 Stadium Club Master Photos Winners #19 Rickey Henderson

It's nice to be able to cross a few cards off the "official" list without actually getting anything new, lol! Just moving them from one list to the other :)

OscarOne

Jan 15, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Hendersonfan said:
ManOfSteal said:
OscarOne said:

Is this T74?

Yup, that is the one. The Gold and Chrome are easy, but the base is tough. I have been looking all over and can't find one. If you have a spare laying around...?

Taliasen

Feb 3, 2011
Michigan
OscarOne said:
Hendersonfan said:
ManOfSteal said:
OscarOne said:

Is this T74?

Yup, that is the one. The Gold and Chrome are easy, but the base is tough. I have been looking all over and can't find one. If you have a spare laying around...?

I have a couple extra.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
OscarOne said:
Hendersonfan said:
ManOfSteal said:
OscarOne said:

Is this T74?

There is a show in Cedar Rapids next month. I'll keep an eye out. I think I got mine for a $1 when they were new.

Members online

Latest posts