Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Howard is on FIRE!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
On FIRE, yet still only 20th in the NL in OPS and 34th in WAR. For a first baseman. Yep, sounds like an MVP to me.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
why does everyone mention Howard's on base % and stolen base numbers? The guy gets paid to drive in runs! Who in
the NL has done that better? Every year people tell me Howard sucks and that he is a one year wonder, but here
he is again and very much in the MVP race...more than Pujols I might add.

I don't understand why you think Howard should be running the bases when he is trotting around them everynight.

Kevin

A_Pharis

schmidtfan20 said:
why does everyone mention Howard's on base % and stolen base numbers? The guy gets paid to drive in runs! Who in
the NL has done that better? Every year people tell me Howard sucks and that he is a one year wonder, but here
he is again and very much in the MVP race...more than Pujols I might add.

I don't understand why you think Howard should be running the bases when he is trotting around them everynight.

Kevin

Who cares about Pujols? This thread is about Ryan Howard. Stop derailing.
I heard that the "heat dome" is actually caused by the force of wind emitted by Howard's whiffs on his way to another epic year of strikeouts. 117, already? Think he can reach 180+ this year?

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
schmidtfan20 said:
Who in the NL has done that better?

Matt Kemp.

Look, you love the guy, I have zero issues with that, quite the opposite. But if that means reading posts like "he's so much better than everyone", "he would hit 100 HR", "he's clearly the MVP" when this is far from obvious, that's when it goes a bit too far. I know sometimes people do that in a tongue in cheek kind of way, to pimp their players a little bit; but when it's done repeatedly over and over again, it's not a joke anymore.

Again, I'm all for you supporting your player, everybody does it to different degrees here on FCB. Just go easy and don't create a post after every major at-bat, or be prepared to hear criticism when Howard does bad too; and that won't be a case of haters gonna hate, just giving you back a taste of the medicine you're serving us sometimes.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
And schmidtfan reels A_Pharis in again :lol:

catch and release.

Looking forward to Kevin's thread in three or so weeks where you post the same retorts.

A_Pharis

Lancemountain said:
And schmidtfan reels A_Pharis in again :lol:

catch and release.

Looking forward to Kevin's thread in three or so weeks where you post the same retorts.

Dude. I'm supporting Ryan Howard. He's like a God amongst little boys on the field. I just wish that someone would remind him to stop, drop and roll next time he's on fire.

I have to ask, though. You admit that Kevin tends to start these threads with intent to start arguments?
Interesting - sounds a lot like trolling.

By the way. Did you hear? Ryan Howard hit a home run. That has to be some sort of God damned record, right?

G

come on guys, can't we increase the peace!

we all already know Ryan Howard is a beast. ;)

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Salty? :| Not following you. How am I salty about being in first place with the best team and finally have a guy to protect Howard? :D

And yes, he is totally trolling and scoops you up every time. Not sure why you get all bunched up every time he does this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts