Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

^^^^^^ Saturday Morning Thread ^^^^^^

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Last full day at home before I leave to go back to school tomorrow. Been a short week, but I'm hoping the next 8 weeks at school fly by.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I had a few maildays this week. I still need to scan these in but I took pics to show them off in the mean time :)

HUGE THANKS to [MENTION=2413]MojoDan[/MENTION] for sending me these two cards! Thank you so much Dan and hats off to you sir :cool:
F16040E0-B765-45F9-A0A5-D7DDCC6699BB.jpg
FC49C995-DFEB-4B44-83B6-6227D07537F4.jpg

Next is another Zunino autograph for my small PC of him. I snagged this for a STEAL to go along with the base version I picked up a few weeks ago:
0A17D85B-3D0E-46A0-A08C-32DD41E5A732.jpg
march17.jpg

Lastly is an impulse buy. I've been wanting a Dizzy Dean piece and this was listed at $100/BO. I sent what I thought was a lowball offer and it was accepted. It shows a little wear/age on the glove piece too. Goes nicely with the Grimes I picked up the other week from my LCS:
D402687B-AD02-48E9-8B23-C7D02462C801.jpg
march01-1.jpg

A93B73A1-C7A1-4E38-AB66-FBB6CDD47E8C.jpg
D82CF081-15FD-453C-8C7A-8FB3186225A3.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Nice additions there Alex! I'm hoping Zunino does well this year for the M's.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Morning guys. I see I'm not liked around here anymore, since there is a FREE contest I'm having and only a few MT'ers are in it. :D. And it is just over half full. And Sunday the selection of the NCAA madness begins.

Actually it will easy for me then the next few weeks and cheaper, since I won't have to update the contest since it may not happen anyway or even buy the cards.

Last edited:

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning
Cleaning day as I'm gone next week for work.
Woke up to my gf's ex picking up the kid.. Wanted to boot his ass down the stairs. Completely disrespects her when nobody's around. Controlling little bastard . Yet he's nice as can be when I'm there
Also I messaged my seller yesterday and he refunded all the unused shipping

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Morning guys. I see I'm not liked around here anymore, since there is a FREE contest I'm having and only a few MT'ers are in it. :D. And it is just over half full. And Sunday the selection of the NCAA madness begins.

Actually it will easy for me then the next few weeks and cheaper, since I won't have to update the contest since it may not happen anyway or even buy the cards.

I have no clue about any college sports. Especially basketball. I don't even follow pro basketball. I can be a stepping stone for someone

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Just A few of The newer MLBers that I'm really looking for to have great seasons: Zunino, Myers, Carlos Martinez, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Kevin Gausman.

....oh! Jose Abreu too!

Last edited:

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa

Good Morning Richard! Don't let people not joining a contest make you feel like nobody likes you dude! You can't compare the popularity of a contest to Andrew AIC either as he has a huge following of people that break with him. We certainly have missed you around here man, how are things going for ya? I see you have been busy with all the veteran breakfasts and outings.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have no clue about any college sports. Especially basketball. I don't even follow pro basketball. I can be a stepping stone for someone

The beauty of the contest is you have to do nothing. I do all the work and if you read the link it the post on the basketball boards. (note it is a long read) you will see how it goes. And then you can watch the games if you choose and see if you survive or go.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Good Morning Richard! Don't let people not joining a contest make you feel like nobody likes you dude! You can't compare the popularity of a contest to Andrew AIC either as he has a huge following of people that break with him. We certainly have missed you around here man, how are things going for ya? I see you have been busy with all the veteran breakfasts and outings.

Actually, I was kidding of the liked part on the boards in general, but in here that is a whole another meal in itself. :lol: And I have really been busy as you can see by my facebook posts, also work and things at my union hall has been over the top too for me some days. I'm about to head in to work soon and I'm working tomorrow after my union meeting. Then it's starts all over again on Monday.

I'm working on trying to write a recap of the Veterans events I have been a part of since about August The Vietnam wall in early Nov was a really humbling experience to say the least.

I'm off to work boys see you guys later and enjoy your days.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
The beauty of the contest is you have to do nothing. I do all the work and if you read the link it the post on the basketball boards. (note it is a long read) you will see how it goes. And then you can watch the games if you choose and see if you survive or go.

There's another board on FCB? ;)
Let me pull out the map and compass and plot a route

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

I'm glad to see you are back Richard! You'll be happy to know that I signed up for your contest right away :lol:

Just A few of The newer MLBers that I'm really looking for to have great seasons: Zunino, Myers, Carlos Martinez, Bogaerts, Middlebrooks, and Kevin Gausman.

This new wave of young talent is really fun to watch. One of my favorites was Brian Dozier last year. He was sent down to the minors in the middle of the 2012 season, then moved to 2B last year, and played very well for the Twins. I'm hoping that he's able to keep improving this year

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I only watch M's games on a consistent basis the last few years. I recognize the names your talking about but unless they've played against the mariners or been hyped to the point of ridiculousness like Strasburg, Harper or trout, I don't see or pay much attention.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I only watch M's games on a consistent basis the last few years. I recognize the names your talking about but unless they've played against the mariners or been hyped to the point of ridiculousness like Strasburg, Harper or trout, I don't see or pay much attention.

Hey Michael! These might be available, I know you have been searching for the barrel gold ink /5:
09SSBarrell2of5.jpg

09SweetSpotBlackLeather1of1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts