Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shogun can beat Jones....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roafmcloaf

Jun 3, 2011
matt-serra-vs-st-pierre.jpg

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
if you were to combine the total seconds Vitors victims were out cold, it would probably be #1 all time. I still think he is going to go on a big run at some point, he is still younger than Liddell when he went on his streak.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
donrusscrusademan said:
if you were to combine the total seconds Vitors victims were out cold, it would probably be #1 all time. I still think he is going to go on a big run at some point, he is still younger than Liddell when he went on his streak.

I just don't ever see it happening.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I like Vitor a lot, but his last win over Akiyama should without question be made a no-contest. He CLEARLY knocked Akiyama out cold with two direct shots to the back of the head. Not saying he wouldn't have won either way, but rules are rules. If you haven't seen the slow motion GIF, there is a good one floating around sherdog.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Id rather see a NC in a fight like the Bisping one where it was both intentional and fight-altering.

The left hook while standing right to the ear/temple area made Aki temporarily retarded. fight could have been stopped before the cheap shots, which probably should cost Vitor $$ but not a win. JMO

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
donrusscrusademan said:
Id rather see a NC in a fight like the Bisping one where it was both intentional and fight-altering.

The left hook while standing right to the ear/temple area made Aki temporarily retarded. fight could have been stopped before the cheap shots, which probably should cost Vitor $$ but not a win. JMO

looking at it again I think he is already out before those two punches. he should be paid for damages but theres no way the ref doesnt stop it asap no matter where those 2 punches would have landed.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Shogun cannot beat Jones. Maybe in his prime, but not now. He got caught with a brutal HK early and never recovered. Based on this thread Shogun is one of your favorite fighters, so I see your bias. I think his run as one of (if not the) best LHW in the world is over. He's an old 29, with surgically repaired knees, who's been in a lot of battles. I think that Rampage has a way better chance against Jones because of his power. I'd love to see Page put Jones' chin to the test; one well-placed uppercut should do it, if he can overcome Jones' reach.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
trademhigh said:
Shogun cannot beat Jones. Maybe in his prime, but not now. He got caught with a brutal HK early and never recovered. Based on this thread Shogun is one of your favorite fighters, so I see your bias. I think his run as one of (if not the) best LHW in the world is over. He's an old 29, with surgically repaired knees, who's been in a lot of battles. I think that Rampage has a way better chance against Jones because of his power. I'd love to see Page put Jones' chin to the test; one well-placed uppercut should do it, if he can overcome Jones' reach.
This looks sorta funny now. The Shogun we saw last night would definitely at least give Jones (or anybody) problems.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
trademhigh said:
trademhigh said:
This looks sorta funny now. The Shogun we saw last night would definitely at least give Jones (or anybody) problems.

IF he could get a shot at Jones in his next fight, which won't happen. What'll happen, is he'll get hurt again, come back, look lackluster again, then in his next fight kick ass. It's his M.O. I think, haha.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Not if he gets Tubes to the Dome!

[youtube:kc20udsd]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xvLPvcpyc4&feature=related[/youtube:kc20udsd]

Members online

Latest posts