Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shops around New York?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
Sad i live in New York, but there seems to be no card shops in the area. Looking to pickup a box of eee today. Any body know of a store within the area. Could take a drive if necessary.

Thanks!

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
Check out Royal Collectibles in Forest Hills. Take the EFGV to 71st / Continental, walk to Metropolitan Avenue, make a right on Metro and use your free transfer to take the Q54 bus (towards Brooklyn) about 8-10 blocks to Royal Collectibles. They have an excellent inventory. It is worth the trip. Trader Joe's, Sports Authority, Home Depot are all across the street. You can look up their exact location online.
You can also take the M train to the Metropolitan Avenue stop and take the Q54 bus (towards Jamaica) about a mile or so and it drops you off across the street from the store.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
metrotheme said:
Check out Royal Collectibles in Forest Hills. Take the EFGV to 71st / Continental, walk to Metropolitan Avenue, make a right on Metro and use your free transfer to take the Q54 bus (towards Brooklyn) about 8-10 blocks to Royal Collectibles. They have an excellent inventory. It is worth the trip. Trader Joe's, Sports Authority, Home Depot are all across the street. You can look up their exact location online.
You can also take the M train to the Metropolitan Avenue stop and take the Q54 bus (towards Jamaica) about a mile or so and it drops you off across the street from the store.

Best store in the city IMO. Ask for Chuck or Mike, tell them Rob sent you and it may save you a few $.

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
There is (at least was last summer) a shop on about 88th and 2nd, too. I got supplies there when I was in the neighborhood. No idea how they are on new products, as that's not my game.

Good luck.

FYI, you should check out "Gotta Have It" sometime. It's an autograph place, but they have amazing stuff. Not just sports, but music, Hollywood and politics, too. Crazy expensive, but it's fun to just poke around. There might be two locations in the city. Google will help on that one, I'm sure.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
where in new york?? there is a place called tricounty flea market that probably has them at a good price, its in nassau

Their box prices stink and the guys that sell wax there aren't friendly at all. I wish I knew of somewhere else in the Nassau area to go.

Jul 30, 2009
Best place is BBC Galaxee in the Bronx.

Mostly wax but three showcases of GU cards

Has been an EEE cracking fest the last few days in the store.

Agent-Buckwall

Aug 22, 2008
nyc
011873 said:

never heard of this place.......where is it exactly?

Jul 30, 2009
Agent-Buckwall said:
011873 said:

Its on Morris Park ave. (Bronx) near Jacoby Hospital and a very short drive from the Whitestone Bridge.

Been there since 1998

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
reyes7castillo1 said:
numba1yankeefan said:
where in new york?? there is a place called tricounty flea market that probably has them at a good price, its in nassau

Their box prices stink and the guys that sell wax there aren't friendly at all. I wish I knew of somewhere else in the Nassau area to go.

Who are you dealing with? One of the guys calls me when he has a product in that he knows I want. I'll be there next weekend.

metrotheme

Dec 3, 2009
I think it's Alex's MVP cards and comics. He has a great selection of vintage, and a decent selection of new cards. Prices were decent. It's hard to park over there but if you are going by train, it's not too far from the 6 train.

ajw said:
There is (at least was last summer) a shop on about 88th and 2nd, too. I got supplies there when I was in the neighborhood. No idea how they are on new products, as that's not my game.

Hwilensky

Feb 6, 2009
reyes7castillo1 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

I totally disagree with your statement, that they are overpriced at the tri-county. Their not. Go their and look for Izzy. His prices are at or below any of the websites, blowout or dave and adams. When you do go to Izzy, tell him Howard sent you. He will take care of you. I have been going there for the 2 years since I got back into collecting and he has always treated me fair.

Hwilensky

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Hwilensky said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

I totally disagree with your statement, that they are overpriced at the tri-county. Their not. Go their and look for Izzy. His prices are at or below any of the websites, blowout or dave and adams. When you do go to Izzy, tell him Howard sent you. He will take care of you. I have been going there for the 2 years since I got back into collecting and he has always treated me fair.

Hwilensky

I go to Doc, who's the first table on the right when you get off the escalator. I've known him and Izzy for years, though; I started going there in 1996. It's a rare thing that I can find a box on ebay for more than a dollar or two cheaper than I get there (after shipping).

Agent-Buckwall

Aug 22, 2008
nyc
Hwilensky said:
reyes7castillo1 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Hwilensky

I concur. Real decent prices.

Agent-Buckwall

Aug 22, 2008
nyc
011873 said:
Agent-Buckwall said:
011873 said:

Its on Morris Park ave. (Bronx) near Jacoby Hospital and a very short drive from the Whitestone Bridge.

Been there since 1998

Wow......drive by it all the time and never knew it was there. Live and learn. Gotta stop in there someday

Members online

Latest posts