Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I have this bet going on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
Wednesday, my friend Eric and I were talking about the 09-10 Champ's mini auto set. I went over the checklist and he says to me...

"There's no way you'll complete that set."

He came over to watch Game 7 of the NBA Finals tonight and we made a bet.

I have 1 year from today to complete the 81 card set. If I do, he will buy me 1 card of my choosing on ebay with a $1,000 limit.

If I don't complete the set, I have to buy him a customized Celtics jersey with an NBA Finals patch.

What he doesn't realize is, I already have in hand or incoming 14 out of the 81 card set. He's banking on me not getting the higher value cards and there are a lot of them. 10 cards with a bv of 100 or higher, and then Lebron James, Michael Jordan, Nolan Ryan, Barry Sanders and Steve Yzerman are all n/a. Those will go at least 100 each.

But I just got a job. :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
first off congrats on landing a job. second I think you can do it. the Jordan, James, Ryan, Sanders and Yzerman will be pricey but I definitely don't think they will be impossible to obtain. plus the incentive of the prize will keep you motivated.

GOOD LUCK :p

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
Awesome! You're making some good progress. I've got another box coming in tomorrow after making quite a few bucks off of that Strasburg eTopps, so I'll keep you updated as to what's for trade.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
You have got a ton more since i last looked and you picked a very nice set to build. The on card blue sharpie auto really stands out nicely on these cards.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
G $MONEY$ said:
You have got a ton more since i last looked and you picked a very nice set to build. The on card blue sharpie auto really stands out nicely on these cards.
For some reason my mail got backed up and I got 6 mailers at one time containing 14 autos, 13 threads and a Heroes McCoy auto. :lol:

Also just found out I have some competition on this set from one of the other boards. Things could get nasty for the bigger autos. :lol:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Hey Puck,

Do you need Jonathan Ericcson from the Red Wings? My buddy's store has one I can grab if you need it. Just LMK!

Members online

Latest posts