Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So what's going to be the "shocker" in next week's hof vote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Barry Bonds won't make it anytime soon, but you think Jeff Kent won't? lol Come on. Kent is the type of "never linked to PEDs" player the voters salivate over. He's probably top-5 all-time offensively at 2nd, that from a guy who played during an era where behemoths were launching 50+ HRs with 150+ RBI a season with ease. Kent is better than Ryne Sandberg at the plate, now imagine if he started his career in the '80s and not at the beginning of the steroid era. He would have been enshrined first-ballot. Now he'll have to wait 10 years. But he WILL get in.

So many hypotheticals - if he was here, there, did this, versus who, compared to him, with them...

Seriously, he won't smell the front porch of the HOF...

I'll offer you this...

Wish in one hand and sh!t in the other... Let me know which fills up first

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
So many hypotheticals - if he was here, there, did this, versus who, compared to him, with them...

Seriously, he won't smell the front porch of the HOF...

I'll offer you this...

Wish in one hand and sh!t in the other... Let me know which fills up first

---

I don't wish he will make it, I know he will. Statistically speaking, he's one of the greatest 2nd basemen to ever play the game. He didn't 'lead the league in anything', as you keep saying, because he played in the steroid era. He's a middle infielder for Christ's sake. How was he going to lead the league in anything when he batted next to Barry Freaking Bonds during the prime of both of their careers. 375+ HRs and 1,500+ RBI from a MIDDLE INFIELD position? Give me a break with your "...he won't smell the front porch of the HOF..." nonsense. He isn't first-ballot, but to think he has no chance at all is just pure insanity.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't wish he will make it, I know he will. Statistically speaking, he's one of the greatest 2nd basemen to ever play the game. He didn't 'lead the league in anything', as you keep saying, because he played in the steroid era. He's a middle infielder for Christ's sake. How was he going to lead the league in anything when he batted next to Barry Freaking Bonds during the prime of both of their careers. 375+ HRs and 1,500+ RBI from a MIDDLE INFIELD position? Give me a break with your "...he won't smell the front porch of the HOF..." nonsense. He isn't first-ballot, but to think he has no chance at all is just pure insanity.

No chance he makes it. If he didn't win that MVP, there is not one thing you can point to which would get him in. If you need other players to compare him too in order to put a player in the HOF, he isn't worthy. Shouldn't have to reach to make it in.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Maddux, Glavine, Thomas thats it. Biggio and Bags don't deserve it and none of the others do either.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind this. Biggio is in the 3,000 hit club. Bagwell was ROY and MVP, not to mention that he was in the top 20 MVP candidates for 10 of 15 years that he played.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Its a case of the Hall of Very Good as opposed to the Hall of Fame. Biggio and Bags were both very good. Not great.

So where is the line? If Bagwell was top 20 for 11 of 15 would it push him over? How many HOF players can say they were in the Top 20 MVP candidates for 50% of their seasons, much less 67%? The "Hall of Very Good" is an idiotic way to defend why someone shouldn't be in. Draw a line and tell me why Bagwell and Biggio don't cross that line but other HOFers do. Otherwise, it is just a case of "because *I* don't want them in."

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I know the stat is kept but can anyone tell me the top 20 guys in the MVP race this past year? How about top 10?

Most know who won and maybe who are the player or two who were also in the running - not like the 18th guy down the list who got a vote.

---

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Maddux, Glavine and Thomas get in.
Maddux with 99%, Glavine and Thomas with around 80%.
There will be no shockers, and there usually isn't.

I'll bet:
Maddux 99-100%
Glavine 90%+
Thomas 85%+

Narrow misses:
Piazza 70%
Biggio 60%

Members online

Latest posts