Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sonnen to have CM Punk in his corner for UFC on FOX 2.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The MMA section has been severly lacking in traffic these last few months, so I thought I would post this here to garner it some attention.

I know this doesn't pertain to baseball but it's just one MMA post, so it should be fine. And it pertains to Chicago, and there are two MLB teams in Chicago, so there's some correlation between the two.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish ... 2021.shtml

WWE Champ CM Punk walking out with Chael Sonnen in Chicago at UFC on Fox 2

Jan 4, 2012 - 5:00:11 PM

By: Jamie Penick, MMATorch Editor-in-Chief

Chael Sonnen's trash talk over the last couple of years has drawn many comparisons to pro-wrestling-style schtick, and as he continues to market himself with his mouth ahead of his spot on the UFC on Fox 2 card, he'll be drawing from the world of pro wrestling again.

@FrontRowBrian on Twitter first broke news this week that Sonnen would be walking out to the cage with WWE Champion - and Chicago's own - CM Punk for his fight against Mark Munoz later this month, and multiple outlets have since confirmed the plans.

Punk, an avid MMA fan himself, received a massive ovation earlier this year in his hometown during a WWE pay-per-view, and that superstar status in his hometown is likely to come across on Fox when he accompanies Sonnen to the cage.

Penick's Analysis: It's going to add to the spectacle of the UFC's second event on Fox, and if they show the walkouts for all the fights there is likely to be a major reaction in Chicago for this fight. Sonnen is a polarizing figure, but he garners a reaction, and bringing Punk along with him is very likely going to bring the building to a crescendo on January 28. After that, it's up to him in the cage, but he certainly won't be lacking in attention into this one.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sonnen is one of those guys I love to hate. In an ideal world, he would fight Wandy and Wandy would beat the everlasting crap out of him. Too bad we don't live in an ideal world though :cry:

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ty Hope said:
Sonnen is one of those guys I love to hate. In an ideal world, he would fight Wandy and Wandy would beat the everlasting crap out of him. Too bad we don't live in an ideal world though :cry:

I don't like him, but man he's freaking entertaining.

And having Punk in his corner will get him some HUGE pops on the way to the octagon.

Sonnen is very smart in his self promotion.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
[quote="Ty Hope":253z7l2b]Sonnen is one of those guys I love to hate. In an ideal world, he would fight Wandy and Wandy would beat the everlasting crap out of him. Too bad we don't live in an ideal world though :cry:

And having Punk in his corner will get him some HUGE pops on the way to the octagon.

Sonnen is very smart in his self promotion.[/quote:253z7l2b]

He's a smart guy. Just rubs me the wrong way. Which is what he wants. He is the bad guy and loves every second of it.

Some of what he says is funny, but some is downright stupid. Why does he talk so much crap about Brazilians and then lose to them all...?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ty Hope said:
[quote="Sam Banks":30ae4a5d][quote="Ty Hope":30ae4a5d]Sonnen is one of those guys I love to hate. In an ideal world, he would fight Wandy and Wandy would beat the everlasting crap out of him. Too bad we don't live in an ideal world though :cry:

Sonnen is very smart in his self promotion.[/quote:30ae4a5d]

He's a smart guy. Just rubs me the wrong way. Which is what he wants. He is the bad guy and loves every second of it.

Some of what he says is funny, but some is downright stupid. Why does he talk so much crap about Brazilians and then lose to them all...?[/quote:30ae4a5d]

The stuff with the bus and Nogueria brothers about made me pee myself. I laughed so hard.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Ty Hope said:
I'd like to see him fight Hendo.

Could be exciting, could be very boring too though. Toss up in my opinion.

I would like to see Chael go to sleep via Falcon Punch though.

But if Sonnen WERE to defeat him, it would be bad for everyone's ears afterward. I can just hear him now, talking about beating the man who beat the great Fedor, and Shogun, etc.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
I love Sonnen, he's one of the few people that I don't get bored listening to. Give him a mic and let him have the podium. NO ONE hypes a fight better. Not in boxing or MMA. I hope to see him KILL Bisping after he beats Munoz. We really missed out when he wasn't cleared to do TUF opposite Bisping

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Keyser Soze said:
I love Sonnen, he's one of the few people that I don't get bored listening to. Give him a mic and let him have the podium. NO ONE hypes a fight better. Not in boxing or MMA. I hope to see him KILL Bisping after he beats Munoz. We really missed out when he wasn't cleared to do TUF opposite Bisping

I really hope he gets a TUF gig in the next few years. That would be so entertaining.

I guess Wandy and Vitor are doing TUF Brazil.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Oooof course it was moved. Thank you.
Reading 101

Leaf said:
Sam Banks said:

Thank you for policing the site. Fortunately, the thread titel was clear and uninterested dont have to read the thread....
If the mods feel it should be moved, they will move it I am sure.
BG

p.s.- Gilmore has made very clear that manufacturers have been granted OT rights within reason here due to traffic...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts