Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Mather's not that bad, I just hate getting burnt by former Cards.

I hear ya, but it sucked even more in '08 when Edmonds was a Cub.Mather was nothing more than an expendable bench player, whereas Pujols and Edmonds were perennial All Stars.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Matter was super nice though. He was unlike most of the players insted of driving a fancy car to the hotels/restarunts near the stadium he just walked. He was easy to walk up to and be like what's up man do you mind signing? He never turned down an auto request. Every player my mom likes gets traded. Eckstein, edmonds, ankiel, ludwick, mather, I wish she liked Matt holliday! Holliday is by far the most useless player the cardinals have.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Matter was super nice though. He was unlike most of the players insted of driving a fancy car to the hotels/restarunts near the stadium he just walked. He was easy to walk up to and be like what's up man do you mind signing? He never turned down an auto request. Every player my mom likes gets traded. Eckstein, edmonds, ankiel, ludwick, mather, I wish she liked Matt holliday! Holliday is by far the most useless player the cardinals have.
He's just having a bad start. Also I don't think that they are going to get rid of a guy with so much invested in him. It would be one thing if he were on a short contract.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Yeah, Mather is a chill guy. Very nice at Spring Training.

I am not a fan of Holliday either. He swings out of his shoes and is the opposite of clutch. I'm fine with him in the lineup, just not as the three hitter.

Furcal - SS
Jay - CF
Beltran - RF
Berkman - 1B
Holliday - LF
Freese - 3B
Molina - C
Schumaker - 2B
Lohse - SP

That is my lineup if the playoffs began tomorrow and everyone is healthy.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
He's just having a bad start. Also I don't think that they are going to get rid of a guy with so much invested in him. It would be one thing if he were on a short contract.
No. It is not that he is off to a bad start. He was a fragile as glass last year, He is a lazy ass outfielder, he swings for the fences every at bat, only had 22 HRs last year, only hit .296 and failed to produce in the World Series and he is worth what they are paying him???? No they should trade him for some guys and eat that contract. God awful decision signing for 7 years and I can not wait until this Holliday nightmare is over.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Watching Holliday on the bases and in the field in the playoffs the last 2 times has been awful.If the team had lost Game 6 of the World Series last year he's definitely the goat.That being said, he did he a big home run last night before the bullpen tanked again.

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
No. It is not that he is off to a bad start. He was a fragile as glass last year, He is a lazy ass outfielder, he swings for the fences every at bat, only had 22 HRs last year, only hit .296 and failed to produce in the World Series and he is worth what they are paying him???? No they should trade him for some guys and eat that contract. God awful decision signing for 7 years and I can not wait until this Holliday nightmare is over.

I agree that he is a horrid Outfielder. Pretty sure I read that he got nominated for a Gold Glove last year, and I had to do a double take.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Got a couple in today. Upgraded my Rzep to a Blue and the Komatsu is a Purple /25...not sure how much longer he's with us though. Think he may get put out there on waivers to make room for some of these guys coming back.

2009rzepczynski.jpg
komo.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
P1000228.JPG
P1000224.JPG
P1000223.JPG
P1000230.JPG

Here's some cards I got from Topps Diamond Aniversary.Unfortunately, someone must have taken a sledgehammer to the Santorini, so in the trash it goes.Luckily, the Forsch rookie is in good condition, although it looks like it was cut slightly crooked.Isn't the Cox one of the Tiffany cards?It has some glossy surface, and the back is bright green/white.Wasn't there 5000 sets of these produced?I was only expecting the base card of him.Anyway, I'm happy with it.

rookieaddict, aside from the Cox or Forsch can you use any of the older cards?

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
This new image loader is going to take some time getting used to.I tried writing some text at the bottom of images, and couldn't.Is it going to be this aggrevating every time?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Think I've actually got all of those...and yes the Cox is a Tiffany

Sounds like you have a bunch of vintage cards.I went to my dealer this week and he has a Gibson rookie for $200.I'm having him list some cards for me, and the Gibson he has is tempting me.Only thing is it's raw, a card that nice should be slabbed unless something is wrong with it.Gibson rookies usually go for $200?

Here's a couple other inserts I came across.The Starquest cards such as the Pujols (it's supposedly "rare") are a confusing line, I have a bunch of them and many of them state "Super Rare" or "Ultra Rare" on the back.If I have so many of them they're clearly not that rare.Carpenter is the gold parallel numbered to 99 that I pulled from a blaster awhile back.

P1000044.JPG

Last edited:

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Sounds like you have a bunch of vintage cards.I went to my dealer this week and he has a Gibson rookie for $200.I'm having him list some cards for me, and the Gibson he has is tempting me.Only thing is it's raw, a card that nice should be slabbed unless something is wrong with it.Gibson rookies usually go for $200?

Here's a couple other inserts I came across.The Starquest cards such as the Pujols (it's supposedly "rare") are a confusing line, I have a bunch of them and many of them state "Super Rare" or "Ultra Rare" on the back.If I have so many of them they're clearly not that rare.Carpenter is the gold parallel numbered to 99 that I pulled from a blaster awhile back.

View attachment 2167

$200 for the Gibson is likely high. You can pick up a PSA 6 for right around that. And a card from 59 as a 6 is a pretty sharp card. I think I only gave $120 or so for my 5 about a year back. If it looks really sharp it may be a great deal, but if he has other vintage that's graded and this isn't there is likely a reason why.

Here's my 5 for reference
1959gibson.jpg

Last edited:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
This new image loader is going to take some time getting used to.I tried writing some text at the bottom of images, and couldn't.Is it going to be this aggrevating every time?

The old forum didnt have an image loader.

Just use normal image tags.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I went to a local auction today and came away with some great deals
9927aa64.jpg

45ae4731.jpg

65f6c4e2.jpg

The pennant is signed by by Schoendienst, Gibson, Flood, and Brock. Concerned about the dating of everything, with Brock not joining the team til 1965; but the auto looks solid compared to the others I have. The Flood is very faint, but still a Flood auto; which I've been after for quite some time.

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
$200 for the Gibson is likely high. You can pick up a PSA 6 for right around that. And a card from 59 as a 6 is a pretty sharp card. I think I only gave $120 or so for my 5 about a year back. If it looks really sharp it may be a great deal, but if he has other vintage that's graded and this isn't there is likely a reason why.

Here's my 5 for reference
1959gibson.jpg

The card he has doesn't look like this one, so I'm thinking it is a 2nd or 3rd year card.
I think the one he has is an early Bowman release with the horizontal "TV frame" design.Thanks for the help.

Cool haul from that auction you went to.My family and I went to a local auction years ago, I got a couple binders of cards, but nothing nice like you got.Isn't Faulk a pretty tough signature too?

Members online