Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

St. Louis Cardinals Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
The old forum didnt have an image loader.

Just use normal image tags.

I suppose it wasn't an image loader, but the old board allowed you to add attachments on Box Break board without having to click to enlarge image, but not the other boards.At least I can upload images on Baseball board now, but have to click to enlarge images.It's an improvement at least.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
The card he has doesn't look like this one, so I'm thinking it is a 2nd or 3rd year card.
I think the one he has is an early Bowman release with the horizontal "TV frame" design.Thanks for the help.

Cool haul from that auction you went to.My family and I went to a local auction years ago, I got a couple binders of cards, but nothing nice like you got.Isn't Faulk a pretty tough signature too?

Gibson never had a Bowman card. Sounds like you're describing 55 Bowman though.
Find anything cool in the binders? Not sure how tough Of an auto Faulk is, but he's still my all time favorite football player.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Gibson never had a Bowman card. Sounds like you're describing 55 Bowman though.
Find anything cool in the binders? Not sure how tough Of an auto Faulk is, but he's still my all time favorite football player.

Guess I'm mistaken on the Gibson then, but I'm pretty sure it's not the one you have.There were a couple Rodriguez and Edmonds rookies in the binders, nothing special though.There were some other Jordan and Mantle stuff I could have bid on if I wanted it.I heard Faulk is a tough signature, you got a nice item there.Did it come with a COA?I have a couple of his rookies, but that's it.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Guess I'm mistaken on the Gibson then, but I'm pretty sure it's not the one you have.There were a couple Rodriguez and Edmonds rookies in the binders, nothing special though.There were some other Jordan and Mantle stuff I could have bid on if I wanted it.I heard Faulk is a tough signature, you got a nice item there.Did it come with a COA?I have a couple of his rookies, but that's it.

The Faulk has a PSA/DNA cert, I was very happy to be able to snag it

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
MAybe it was only two...the A&E and the one from McDonalds...the other I'm thinking of may have just been from one of the local stations in stl

Back in '06 there was some other rarer DVD, not sure if it was from McDonald's or not, but I had a harder time finding it than the others from A&E.I ended up going to some flea market south of the STL to find it, it was used, but only $5.Looks like I'll have to run back through there and find this other McDonald's one now.I love how the A&E box sets have all the interesting photos, box scores, inning recaps, and other factoids of the World Series.If you don't have it already, I'd reccamend buying the Greatest Games Of Busch Stadium as well.It has Gibson's 17 strikeout game in the '68 World Series, and Smith's miraculous home run in Game 4 of the '85 NLCS, among others.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
I actually won both the A&E and McDonald's ones online... A&E from a blog I follow and McDonald's from the Cardinals twitter account.

Both are phenomenal. I could watch them every week... 2011 was such a great postseason for us Cardinals fans. I will never forget it. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it will be topped in my lifetime.

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
I actually won both the A&E and McDonald's ones online... A&E from a blog I follow and McDonald's from the Cardinals twitter account.

Both are phenomenal. I could watch them every week... 2011 was such a great postseason for us Cardinals fans. I will never forget it. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think it will be topped in my lifetime.

Man, it'll be tough to top...but every Championship is special and we'll find something special about the next one. Like, Carlos Beltran having a 40 hr season and Shelby Miller having a lights out October to bring home 12 in 12... We can dream, right?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Some inserts I traded for from a member here awhile back.Too bad UD only made the Special F/X cards that one year.Marquis is numbered to 99, and Pujols 150.

P1000231.JPG

Last edited:

rookieaddict

Nov 13, 2008
Need some help Cards fans. This picture is bad, but I'm hoping someone can place the auto. My mother sent me this picture of it, she would have gotten it at spring training sometime over the last 8 years. I'll try to get a better pic soon, it looks to have a #39 inscripted

c5574e9d.jpg

waintrain

Jan 22, 2012
St. Louis Area
Anyone go to the Smoltz book signing downtown today? Still played with STL for a minute and a half in '09. Figured I would buy a new book to read, and get a future HOF'er auto at the same time. Didn't think to bring anything other than the book to get signed, and signs said only books, but he signed just about anything. Wish I had brought a OMLB or a card.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Need some help Cards fans. This picture is bad, but I'm hoping someone can place the auto. My mother sent me this picture of it, she would have gotten it at spring training sometime over the last 8 years. I'll try to get a better pic soon, it looks to have a #39 inscripted

c5574e9d.jpg
Could it be Kerry Robinson? I cant place him ever wearing 39 but in the minors and in Spring Training numbers often flip around. If you can get a better picture I can probably help you further.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
See I would love to make a site that has pictures of as many Cardinals autographs as I can load into it, so that when a question as such arises it would be in one resource web page!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts