Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting my own card company - first offering inside!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
He suffered a bleed in his brain in college and had surgery. When he came back he initially was required to wear a helmet on defense for the extra protection. Eventually it just became his "signature".

I knew he always wore it in the field.Was be beaned at Washington St.?I don't think he ever suffered any injury after wearing it.Who mandated he wear it?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
He suffered a bleed in his brain in college and had surgery. When he came back he initially was required to wear a helmet on defense for the extra protection. Eventually it just became his "signature".

Side note: story or Rickey telling Olerud he played with a guy in Toronto that wore a helmet is false. They played together in Toronto, Seattle and New York (Mets). Both deny the story ever happened.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Side note: story or Rickey telling Olerud he played with a guy in Toronto that wore a helmet is false. They played together in Toronto, Seattle and New York (Mets). Both deny the story ever happened.

bhahahahahahaahah

Even if it's false, it's an amazing Rickey-ism.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012

ah man! that's a bummer - i always loved that story.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Look at that ;)

Ryan

20140125_031506_zps73e29591.jpg

:rolleyes:

Members online

Latest posts