Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Superfractor Value Question..... 2010 vs 2013

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
LOL, but on a serious note I really do think security is going to be a big part of future releases simply because more and more people will have access to tech able to counterfeit cards.

That, and Topps/manufacturing companies have problems with their printers distributing stuff they shouldn't be.

Yes. There will probably be some issues. But the question will be does topps care enough. Because if it's not affecting their bottom line, I can't see them going hog wild over it.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Yes. There will probably be some issues. But the question will be does topps care enough. Because if it's not affecting their bottom line, I can't see them going hog wild over it.

Sure, possibly. As we know Topps used to have some measure of security on older 1/1s (pre-2009, I believe) where they'd affix a little triangular hologram... but stopped.

If counterfeiting were to become a serious enough an issue then Topps - and anyone else - wouldn't be able to sell scarcity any more. Presumably only "secure cards" would carry value at this point, which could, by itself, force-change our definition of what's considered valuable/most valuable.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Sure, possibly. As we know Topps used to have some measure of security on older 1/1s (pre-2009, I believe) where they'd affix a little triangular hologram... but stopped.

If counterfeiting were to become a serious enough an issue then Topps - and anyone else - wouldn't be able to sell scarcity any more. Presumably only "secure cards" would carry value at this point, which could, by itself, force-change our definition of what's considered valuable/most valuable.

Everything shipped/boxed in slabs. Raise the cost per card by $5 and good to go ;) yes I'm kidding somewhat, but I could see patch cards, autos etc going that route somehow someday

Ryan

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah , I can see it expanding , both as way to try to stop bogus patches etc as well as grading companies trying to expand and offering benefits to the manufactures. We shall see

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts