Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Just hoping I get lucky and the buyer is both locateable and reasonable. Guess it's a waiting game now. Man getting so close too!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just hoping I get lucky and the buyer is both locateable and reasonable. Guess it's a waiting game now. Man getting so close too!
Good luck... I am not sure about your guy but for Belle, it is about a 50% hit rate that a 1/1 that gets away from me resurfaces eventually and usually faster than you'd think...

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Thanks to Kevin, I'm officially half way through the proof series!

(added black proof)

tek_strip4.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Impressive ! That one you missed on eBay , were you ever able to land it ?

Ryan

I don't own it, but it's located and in a happy place right now. There's very few people that I can think of that I would say "phew, he got it", he was one! That whole thing has me stressed out a bit about the last ones though. Oh well, it's been another fun chase!

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
STILL have not seen an RJ blue dots non-auto to this day, 3 to 4 sales of the auto version but no non, it's weird.

But that AL version is perfect, it's like a blue Canary card.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Okay..... I know it's been covered before but how many of the AL stripes did they make? Everyone says either 5 or 10 but has anyone seen 6 of one player to narrow it down to 10 or is it safe to say by now it's truly 5?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Okay..... I know it's been covered before but how many of the AL stripes did they make? Everyone says either 5 or 10 but has anyone seen 6 of one player to narrow it down to 10 or is it safe to say by now it's truly 5?

Fairly certain it's 5 copies. Haven't seen anyone who's found more than that of any player.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Be careful when buying Tek (or any acetate cards) from Probstein. They're a great seller, but my Blue Dots Hank Aaron came in a semi-rigid sleeve with NO SOFT SLEEVE. Obviously, this caused minor surface scratches. I let them know and their response was "I'll let my shippers know." That's it, so I'm guessing my message was on the pay no mind list.

This also makes me wonder if they ship other cards without soft sleeves.