Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Cameo" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Was going through some new stuff I got in from COMC and found what might be the most obscure Ken Griffey Jr. cameo:

9074c9e8-aba5-4e38-bca2-efa9111d5003.jpg

1989 Bellingham Mariners Legoe #22 - Jeremy Mathews - CheckOutMyCards.com

Griffey is also mentioned on cards 24 and 30.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Griifey Jr cameo in Griffey Sr card

Hello All,

I have read the thread and havent seen this one listed (unless im blind):rolleyes: . 1991 UD Ken Griffey Sr has Jr to his right on the card.

db816.jpg

Fordman

digicat

Nov 10, 2009
Nor-Cal
Nice, I was unaware of that one. I can't say 100% it's Will because I can't make out the first number, I think it very well could be so ill add it to my Clark need list

Ryan

I'm thinking that it's not Will. I don't remember Clark using wrist bands like that, plus the helmet the guy's wearing has a right-handed-batter ear flap.

Royce Clayton was a righty hitter and used those wrist bands. With the "CL" visible in the name,I'm thinking it's him.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Yeah, I went back and looked at it, and I think your right with Clayton. When I first looked at it, I didn't look to hard but the wrist band, and the helmet make it seem like a righty. And Clayton wore #10, so that could be that jersey #, alo if you look above the "O" it looks to be more name than what Clark would take up, so Clayton is who I am going with on it as well. Thanks
Ryan

I'm thinking that it's not Will. I don't remember Clark using wrist bands like that, plus the helmet the guy's wearing has a right-handed-batter ear flap.

Royce Clayton was a righty hitter and used those wrist bands. With the "CL" visible in the name,I'm thinking it's him.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I am so glad I havent reach that level of cameo collecting. If I tried to get every card Bagwell was mentioned on, I'd lose my mind.

Come on, losing your mind is fun. You can do it!

I did a quick inventory and realized I have way more than I thought. So far I'm over 150 of Omar misc. listed, 150 pictured, and 200 checklists. OK so maybe I'm not as sane as I thought I was. It's very time consuming but really fun hunting for cards that he's mentioned or pictured on. Anyway, highly recommended even if you do go a little crazy!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I decided to spend the past few days going thru comc looking for cameos. Thousands of cards, and I scored a few hits. I'll post them when I get them in my hands. But until then, allow me to pose a question...

Would you spend twenty bucks for a cameo?

[/URL]
Courtesy of COMC.com[/I[/URL]]

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I decided to spend the past few days going thru comc looking for cameos. Thousands of cards, and I scored a few hits. I'll post them when I get them in my hands. But until then, allow me to pose a question...

Would you spend twenty bucks for a cameo?

[/URL]
Courtesy of COMC.com[/I[/URL]]

$20 is really pushing it, I know I try to stay under $5 on Clark cameos.
Ryan

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I'd spend $20 for a good cameo.

I think I've struck the bottom of the cameo barrel. A fuzzy and a body part cameo on 1990 Publication International stickers...

publicationintl.jpg

Pico and Grace have a good thing going...

cameo23.jpg
cameo24.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts