Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey Talk Thread - Summer 2011 edition!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
according to TSN True North will go with the Winnipeg Jets. I think they did the right thing and the fans will obviously be very happy.

Paul :lol: :lol: :lol:

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
thefatguy said:
I'm guessing Manitoba Jets.

Regehr (D, Flames) is rumored to have waived his no trade to Buffalo.

Still hasn't happened. I wish he would make up his mind up before the draft starts. I don't want the Sabres to miss out on a trade because they are waiting for an answer. It sounds like the Sabres will have to take on another salary if Regehr comes (Kotalik, Hagman, or Stajn). Really hoping if it happens it isn't Kotalik.

I was excited that the Sabres were not sitting on their hands waiting to do something and this happens. :|

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
PhillyPuckNut said:
CnR2.jpg

thats awesome!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sabresfreak said:
thefatguy said:
I'm guessing Manitoba Jets.

Regehr (D, Flames) is rumored to have waived his no trade to Buffalo.

Still hasn't happened. I wish he would make up his mind up before the draft starts. I don't want the Sabres to miss out on a trade because they are waiting for an answer. It sounds like the Sabres will have to take on another salary if Regehr comes (Kotalik, Hagman, or Stajn). Really hoping if it happens it isn't Kotalik.

I was excited that the Sabres were not sitting on their hands waiting to do something and this happens. :|

we better be getting Myers in return if we are trading away Regehr. ::facepalm::

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Colorado trades John Michael Liles to Toronto for a 2nd round pick. The 2nd round pick is the one that T.O. got for Kaberle from Boston, so basically its Kaberle for Liles in T.O.'s books. Ive always liked liles, good move for T.O.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369879

Theres also rumors that Ryan Smyth is coming to Calgary.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I know it's only been a coupla days, but the Stamkos to Philly rumors aren't dying out yet...

I don't see it happening, but maybe it would explain the trades yesterday. :?

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
gt2590 said:
I know it's only been a coupla days, but the Stamkos to Philly rumors aren't dying out yet...

I don't see it happening, but maybe it would explain the trades yesterday. :?
For Stamkos to come to Philly, they're looking at losing someone like Giroux, JVR, Briere, maybe even Timonen or Pronger, not to mention that 1st round pick they just got. As much as Stamkos would do for the Flyers, I don't want to see this happen.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
BTW, I haven't seen it shown anywhere, but is there ANY chance the new Jets get the franchise records back from before the left for Phoenix?

I know the NFL let the Browns keep the frachise records when the Ravens left, but this is a little different.

Just wondering...

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Regehr is coming to Buffalo along with Kotalik. Edit: Looks like Chris Butler, Paul Byron, and 2012 2rd pick to CGY
TSN Darren Dreger: Sabres owner Terry Pegula very influential in Regehr's decision to waive and accept move to Buffalo.

Sabres also bought the Rochester Americans.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
sabresfreak said:
Regehr is coming to Buffalo along with Kotalik. Edit: Looks like Chris Butler, Paul Byron, and 2012 2rd pick to CGY
TSN Darren Dreger: Sabres owner Terry Pegula very influential in Regehr's decision to waive and accept move to Buffalo.

Sabres also bought the Rochester Americans.

Butler? Byron? Who the hell are these guys? :?

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
Butler played a bit with the Sabres this season. I thought he looked decent. Fills Regehr's role on the D line. Byron is a small forward prospect. Late round pick I believe. Decent salary dump for minimal prospect return. Calgary gets younger and cheaper. Their 2 primary goals.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Ottawa Senators made a trade today acquiring Nikita Filatov from the Columbus Blue Jackets for a 3rd round draft pick.

COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have opted to part ways with winger Nikita Filatov, trading the once highly touted prospect to the Ottawa Senators for a third-round pick in Saturday's entry draft.

Columbus took the Russian native sixth overall in the 2008 draft. In 44 career NHL games, the 21-year-old has registered six goals and 13 points.

Just 2 years ago Nikita was The Hockey News #1 prospect in the World.

robert67

Dec 5, 2010
It's exciting to think how good the Oilers can be if their young talent blossoms.

As someone who became a hockey fan in the 80's when the Oilers were "the" team, I like the thought of them being competitive again.

Robert

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
some quotes from Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma today...

"Sidney Crosby is working out 2 times a day and progressing in his activity"

"(Evgeni) Malkin's rehab going extremely well. Ahead of schedule. He'll be ready to go in training camp"

"I heard from (Sergei) Gonchar that he's never seen Malkin work so hard, (he) looks so good and (he's) so motivated"

"hypothetically, I do see Jagr fitting in with the team"

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
PhillyPuckNut said:
But what's up with Crosby? How bad were those concussions?
Fixed it for you.

He has 2 concussions in 3 days, the first one (Steckel hit during the WC) was misdiagnosed and he went out and played 2 days later and got the 2nd one from Hedman. Getting 2 concussions in 3 days is never good, and considering he's the face of the team I can certainly see why he was held out for as long as he was.

PhillyPuckNut

Feb 10, 2010
Live from an undisclosed location
mstng99tim said:
PhillyPuckNut said:
But what's up with Crosby? How bad were those concussions?
Fixed it for you.

He has 2 concussions in 3 days, the first one (Steckel hit during the WC) was misdiagnosed and he went out and played 2 days later and got the 2nd one from Hedman. Getting 2 concussions in 3 days is never good, and considering he's the face of the team I can certainly see why he was held out for as long as he was.
Oh damn, forgot about that. Thanks Tim. :) Hope he's ready for the start of the regular season.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
yeah 2 concussions in 3 days is not good obviously. it's great to hear that Sid is working out twice a day but the real test will come in late July when he starts his normal pre-season routine.

Members online