Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys! It's Friday! 3 more days of work before I'm done

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Good Morning Everyone!!

WOW!!

54cd5928-b94f-40aa-90ca-226374dfc471_batthrow080813b.gif

Story here and full video here:
Hitter throws his bat at pitcher after getting beaned in a collegiate summer league game | Big League Stew - Yahoo! Sports

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning and Happy Friday Gents! Not much planned for the weekend besides a bit of yard work and hopefully some relaxing as well.

Good morning.

Pulled this from the one box I picked up at the National:

e36b2845-22e5-4d17-b957-65a11dd29743_zps64b53d14.jpg

Very cool Pete! I didn't know you picked some wax up. It has been nice seeing a few of the cards I sent your way this week too, thanks for sharing :)

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Morning boys.

Two hours into my five days of work in a row and I'm already piss miserable.

The injections and meds are having zero affect thus far.

Yikes Charlie! I hope things start to settle for the better throughout the work week. I really like your new sig :)

Forgot to ask you Alex, how was the mill creek booth?

It was pretty cool! I don't think they had any wax, but their retail shop has a ton of really good stuff. They had ALL of the huge cards/autographs that are listed in there ebay store so that was pretty neat to see in person. I debated on getting a Willie Mays autograph signed on an all star game ticket which was in a PSA slab but I didn't see it until after I picked up the 1994 UD autograph. I may have to stop back into there shop sometime soon again.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Some interesting "scraps" in the mail today, from ebay seller leximo.

2005 Fleer Flair "Dynasty Foundations" Arizona Diamondbacks

This card was never produced. The final checklist for this insert ended up being 20 cards, and the Diamondbacks were not included. This card was numbered 2DF. Never made it to final production, but this pre-production card is printed on card stock and even has spot varnish (shiny finish on parts of card - the black names on this card), so it was in final stages of production. Interesting "never released" card.

leximo1.jpg

leximo2.jpg

1994 Stadium Club First Day Issue Oversize Proof

leximo3.jpg

leximo4.jpg

1996 Topps Gallery No Foil Oversize Proof

leximo8.jpg

leximo5.jpg

1994 Topps Finest Refractor Panel

leximo6.jpg

1993 Stadium Club "Executive Gold Edge"

leximo7.jpg

93STADIUMCLUBGOLDEDGE1.jpg

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm thinking about getting 2 boxes of 2013 topps minis. I saw that there was a 20% off code for first time customers on topps.com. Any thoughts?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
How's the weather treating you guys Jesse?

Not bad right now. We've been below seasonal lately so its felt like fall. Hoping for a nice end to Aug.

And also hoping for a clear weekend so we can go out and see the Perseid meteor shower. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts