Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The "Red Ink Collection" UPDATED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Years ago I decided that I wanted more than just an autographed ball of Stan Musial. I found a photo and had it signed in person at a show. I was so glad I had this b/w photo signed in red and over the years looking at it I decided I was going to try to get more Cardinals in b/w signed in red. I picked up two more today to go with Stan the Man. Both of these gents were very nice, especially Sutter.

All photos are 11x14 and I'm calling it the "Red Ink Collection."

First the original which i've shown before and then the two new photos. The second shot was from my phone so please excuse the low quality but the red really does pop. Hope to add more at the National this year.

newcamera800-1.jpg

20130324_170457_zps7b7c1074.jpg

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Re: Started a new project

That is very cool. I may steal this idea for my Razorbacks/49ers room.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
Started a new project

I wish I would have thought of red ink for a pic of Pete Rose I have... Great idea great start!!!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks for the comments. I'm really liking this project. The hardest part is finding b/w photos I like.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Yesterday I was able to add a new 11x14 to this growing collection. Matt Carpenter is only the third player I have ever collected on an advanced level. When I saw he'd be signing at the Chicago Sun Times show I had to go. He might have been the nicest player I've ever met. When I set the photo down he said, "Wow! I love this one. I've never signed a black and white photo before." I explained what I've been doing and he said it was a cool idea. He took my red sharpie and just looked at it. He asked me where I wanted it signed and then took his time doing it. I stood there and talked to him for a minute because I was near the end of the line. I congratulated him for having a great year and told him I hoped he got a fat new contract which got a laugh from him and the guy next to him. I also bought a Stan Musial commemorative ball and had him sign that. Could not have gone better.

Photo was taken just after Carpenter slid into third base with a triple in game 2 of the NLCS.

DSC05528_zps80543a04.jpg

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The red looks amazing!

if you are having trouble finding black and white photos you like, have you given any thoughts on taking a color photo you like, photoshopping it black and white, and printing it out?

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
The red looks amazing!

if you are having trouble finding black and white photos you like, have you given any thoughts on taking a color photo you like, photoshopping it black and white, and printing it out?

This photo actually was in color and I switched it. I found I had to do this because I simply couldn't find many b/w photos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome collection.Going to get more at Winter Warmup?

I would love to but I live in the Chicagoland area and I've never been to Winter Warmup. I keep saying I'm going to go but I never have. Maybe this year. Is it worth the drive? How long are the lines?

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I would love to but I live in the Chicagoland area and I've never been to Winter Warmup. I keep saying I'm going to go but I never have. Maybe this year. Is it worth the drive? How long are the lines?

OK, didn't know you lived in Chicago.I live almost as far away as you do, I've never been either.Lines are probably brutal.Ask pujolscollector, Hullfan, or Ryan The Orange, I think they've been before.

Members online