Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This si not good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
The key thing is that the HOF authenticated the items for Halper and not Halper for the HOF. I told people two or three months ago about how the memrobilia area of our hobby is gonna get smacked hard, Leading into the card hobby. Companies already purchased fake NFL game used items.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Marro said:
The key thing is that the HOF authenticated the items for Halper and not Halper for the HOF. I told people two or three months ago about how the memrobilia area of our hobby is gonna get smacked hard, Leading into the card hobby. Companies already purchased fake NFL game used items.

Agreed, but even that authentication relied heavily on his claim to have bought the stuff from the widows estate. I think both are equally responsable for this mistake. However, I disagree it will have any effect on the card hobby.

Yanksfan

Oct 13, 2010
How much of the stuff in gards, like game used or autographs do you think is bogus?

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
ThoseBackPages said:

my guess on older stuff 90-95% fake
newer stuff 70% fake

Beauty is we will never know. Card companies are smart. Hack them up into tiny pieces. They buy questionable game used jersey by a superstar/HOF player. Best thing to do is cut it beyond recognition, no one ever knows. I still gotta believe most people spending big bucks on game used cards are buying them for rarity of card and not so called game used jersey piece.

The sport with most likley the most legit game used cards is hockey. The jerseys they got from MEiGray are real. So I would say any of players where MeiGray tag pieces are found from them are legit.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
matchpenalty said:
ThoseBackPages said:

my guess on older stuff 90-95% fake
newer stuff 70% fake

Beauty is we will never know. Card companies are smart. Hack them up into tiny pieces. They buy questionable game used jersey by a superstar/HOF player. Best thing to do is cut it beyond recognition, no one ever knows. I still gotta believe most people spending big bucks on game used cards are buying them for rarity of card and not so called game used jersey piece.

The sport with most likley the most legit game used cards is hockey. The jerseys they got from MEiGray are real. So I would say any of players where MeiGray tag pieces are found from them are legit.

MEIGray works directly with the NHL and is there go to guy for authentication and such. The NHL is the best league when it comes to memrobilia and cards in the sports arena. Gray also obtains direct from players and teams to make sure its legit. This issue will affect this hobby very much and very soon. Leagues should require all companies to obtain directly from teams and players.

Members online

Latest posts