Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Topps Diamond Giveaway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArtVandelay

Jul 6, 2010
Whats the initial opinion of this program? I was not too impressed with the MCG giveaway quality, which it sounds like you get a Topps card per code (probably MCG leftover or unclaimed). So in addition to the chance you pull a diamond encrusted card you can dig up 60 online treasures and get the ring.

These cards are currently going for $1.67 on average in lots. Seems like MCG codes were selling for as high as $3 each at one point. I wonder if they will have higher demand once the site is up and people can actually start entering codes.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Until people know what they can actually get, I think they'll stay below $2/per.

The die-cut cards could produce some interest among set builders, but if they are either too easy or too hard to pull, it won't do much. The diamond encrusted cards should be of major interest, but tough to pull obviously.

Of course, if this promotion is loaded up with all of the crap cards from the Million Card Giveaway that people refused to have delivered...the odds over all won't even be worth your timing entering them in the system.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Agreed, I have about 50 cards I never bothered sending in for and one was a 71 Rod Carew but it wasn't worth the shipping costs. I can pick up a VGEX Carew for 2 bucks at a show.

Members online