Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tip your Mail Carrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAZOR-Z

Apr 3, 2012
The Motor City
Do you guys go out of your way to let them know we appreciate our packages getting to us safely? *touches wood*

-AJ

Untitled-1copy_zps3da3762c.png

sbib

Aug 17, 2008
My carrier gets 20 every year - goes out of her way to make sure packages are delivered safely

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Before she retired mom would get girtcards to just about anywhere. Ranging from $5 to $50. Subway, Olive Garden, Mcadonalds, cash, candy, knitted afghans. She got more when she retired, and this was from a small town. I think some journalist did an article saying $20 was the correct amount.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I don't have the same carrier every week. They also take the time to walk through by landscaping and across my lawn, deliver my mail a block away and leave packages in the pouring rain.

Which one of these should I tip for?

bmc398

May 25, 2009
Lets see....my mail doesn't arrive until 7PM on weeknights...6PM on the weekends.

On the weekends, no actual mail (like bills, insurance info, coupons, ads) gets delivered, the woman sits in the truck, rifles through all of it and finds the stuff with DC/SC labels that HAS to be delivered and only delivers that stuff. Saves her only an hour each time it seems....so why doesn't she just deliver ALL of the mail?

I've complained time after time with no resolution. This is the same post office that hasn't scanned in a single delivery confirmation label for me in the past 2 months.

Why do they deserve a tip?

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school
No way. His job is to deliver me packages on time and efficiently. I'm not going to tip someone for doing their job correctly.

He has delivered stuff to the wrong address and never is an enjoyable person to see. I've complained many times about him.

Just waiting to see when he's replaced.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
When I bought my house back in 97, I had a great mailman named Jim. He always took care of my packages and was a great guy. He always got a tip from me. After he was sent to a different route, I had a woman, who was pretty nice and she got a tip. The ****** I have now is a total pos and I wouldn't give him a f'ing penny. I hope his Christmas sucks. Sorry, I really dislike the guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts