Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Todd Helton Hits Number 2,500!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Bad call by the ump! Look at Brandon Philips, you can see the disgust on his face with the call. He did give Helton a congratulatory pat on the back though.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I wish he would have done this on Saturday since I was at the game. I also wish cuddyer would have had his better game on saturday too

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
One of the finest hitters of our generation. Personally, I think he was robbed of the MVP in 2000. The guy *** a WAR of almost 9, led the league in Hits, Doubles, RBI, Batting Average, OBP, Slugging, OPS, and total bases, not to mention 42 HR's and only placed 5'th in the voting... And yeah, I know "Colorado' but thoes numbers were devistating! Sadly, he went from great to very good after 2004/2005. Anyway, congrats to Helton on #2500 ! The Hall of Very Good welcomes you with open arms!

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
One of the finest hitters of our generation. Personally, I think he was robbed of the MVP in 2000. The guy *** a WAR of almost 9, led the league in Hits, Doubles, RBI, Batting Average, OBP, Slugging, OPS, and total bases, not to mention 42 HR's and only placed 5'th in the voting... And yeah, I know "Colorado' but thoes numbers were devistating! Sadly, he went from great to very good after 2004/2005. Anyway, congrats to Helton on #2500 ! The Hall of Very Good welcomes you with open arms!

He did more for the Rockies Franchise than just being a solid power hitter. He made a brand new team into a franchise with a face

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Not to take anything away from 2500 hits but that seemed like a 3000 hit celebration.

it's nothing to shake a stick at.....there haven't even been 100 baseball players who have reached the 2,500 plateau.

With guys in his generation like Juan Gonzalez, Lance Berkman, Andruw Jones, Jose Canseco, Dante Bichette never even reaching 2,000 hits, I'd say the celebration was definitely warranted.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
This is his last season, correct? It's probably the last milestone of his that the fans can celebrate.

Most likely his last. But if he tells Rockies Management that he will play next year, don't doubt they let him try 100%, I think he can still be a positive contributor, just not really an everyday starter anymore.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's a shame that Helton probably won't get into the Hall of Fame because of the Coors Field factor.
It's not Helton's fault he was drafted by Colorado.
He has a .320 lifetime average and was a top 5 player for about a ten-year stretch.
What does a Rockie have to do to prove that he's a great player?

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
It's a shame that Helton probably won't get into the Hall of Fame because of the Coors Field factor.
He has a .320 lifetime average and was a top 5 player for about a ten-year stretch.

Hit .400 and 100 home runs per year for 10 years.

Even then, someone out there will say "But he played in Colorado...."

It's not a magical ballpark that lets you hit 800 foot bombs. I think Duane Kuiper once said on a broadcast that it maybe increases ball carry by 2-3% or something liek that.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
it's nothing to shake a stick at.....there haven't even been 100 baseball players who have reached the 2,500 plateau.

With guys in his generation like Juan Gonzalez, Lance Berkman, Andruw Jones, Jose Canseco, Dante Bichette never even reaching 2,000 hits, I'd say the celebration was definitely warranted.

Agree that it is a helluva milestone! Just seemed "more" than I expected but I understand that 3000 is not going to happen.

......has anyone analyzed his home/away splits? Would also like to see Larry Walkers, Dante Bichette's, and Andres Gallaragas. All 3 put up some huge numbers in Colorado.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I almost forgot I had this:

98_Bowman_22_Helton.jpg

Members online

Latest posts