Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Auto'ed Gold Infused Baseball Redemption - SHOCKING UPDATE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
The funniest part of this thread was watching someone try to seriously argue that a Topps-released, "gold-infused" baseball signed by Willie Mays, Hank Aaron and Ken Griffey Jr. limited to 20 that people already paid over $2,000 for is worth what 3 random baseballs signed by the three players, along with the price of the baseball, are worth. lol

If I had one autographed ball with perfect certification of Mays/Aaron/Griffey, I am willing to bet that it would sell for less than the identical certification on 3 solo balls of Mays, Aaron, and Griffey.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
If I had one autographed ball with perfect certification of Mays/Aaron/Griffey, I am willing to bet that it would sell for less than the identical certification on 3 solo balls of Mays, Aaron, and Griffey.

Not a ball produced by Topps that is "gold-infused", limited to 20 and widely advertised as a big deal. The proof is in the pudding, people have paid $1,000s for the redemptions. So I don't really get your point.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So basically what this link shows is that clearly these gold infused baseballs are no different than regular baseballs...just like there is no difference between $14 retail and $289 retail.

Bingo.... def just a normal item and nothing unique there...

I would love to hear [MENTION=2738]uniquebaseballcards[/MENTION] 's take just in summary about this entire Topps situation with this promotion, etc.... sounds like you feel as though Topps did nothing wrong... they replaced with fair "value" and this all falls on the consumer for purchasing a redemption?

I agree that if you buy a redemption, you are gambling and as you know, it's well known how screwed up the redemption "game" is with Topps in general BUT this was a product release promotion! Like the main highlight of a product release and something they honked over and over again to get people to buy their product... and I will say I think it is a UNIQUE item.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
2011 MLB Home Run Derby to Use Baseball Infused with 24K Gold

Half the ball made of gold was $150 -- but that was a special HR Derby ball. These can be purchased for $289 or less. Griffey + Aaron + Mays = $100-150 ea.... not quite 2k.

Bryce Haper 2012 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Autograph - $650

$0.03 of Card Stock
$75 Autograph.

Not quite $650.

So if Topps wasn't able to get those redemptions signed, they could replace it with a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome and there wouldn't be a problem because a box costs the same as it would to produce the Harper?

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York

$0.03 of Card Stock
$75 Autograph.

Not quite $650.

So if Topps wasn't able to get those redemptions signed, they could replace it with a box of 2012 Bowman Chrome and there wouldn't be a problem because a box costs the same as it would to produce the Harper?

lol Nice.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

$0.03 of Card Stock
$75 Autograph.

Not quite $650.

This isn't a unique item at all... check eBay, there are 2,856 completed listings for Bryce Harper auto's ::facepalm::

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field

$0.03 of Card Stock
$75 Autograph.

Not quite $650.

Horrible, horrible example. The ball is obtainable for $289 or less. Autographs are available from the players. I cannot buy an unsigned Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor "certified auto" card.

Members online

Latest posts