Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Football Live this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Great rookie class with tons of good value at QB, RB, WR plus tons of Legends stuff. The Legends stuff will be really hot soon after release and the rookies will keep interest up, at least until Chrome hits.

Plus, although nice looking, base Score isn't getting too many people too excited at all...

Factor all that in, and it Looks like a great Release to me!

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Definitely looking forward to the release. I like the fact that there are a few more parallels than last year for the base set and really like the rookie premiere autographs. I think those are on card, but I'm not positive.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
retail is loaded......with junk.

hobby will have super nice cards....all super short printed so you will have no shot to pull them.

cheap photo shoot GU and manufactured patches will be the norm on box and case pulls.

Save your money

Kevin

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
Chad Greenway's inclusion makes me a buyer of singles. I had great luck with it last year, pulling Super Bowl autos of Joe Montana and Len Dawson, as well as an AP jersey/auto... but I know that luck will run out, so I'll probably bust no more than a box, and more likely stick to the Bay.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It is officially live on the 8th but a number of singles have already hit eBay this week. There are rookie photo variations to look out for again.

Some retail places, especially in the Midwest, have had it stocked for almost a week now...

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
Busted my 1st Topps Jumbo box in a few years last night and hit this beauty.......was tempted to cancel the jumbo case I had on order as I cant imagine I will do better!

rg3auto.jpg

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
Busted my 1st Topps Jumbo box in a few years last night and hit this beauty.......was tempted to cancel the jumbo case I had on order as I cant imagine I will do better!

rg3auto.jpg

Nice hit.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Just waiting for the case breakers like TNT to load up eBay (hopefully) this evening. I have not picked up as many Elite singles as expected and Topps will provide some relatively cheap filler until Finest comes out in two weeks.

03supto

Jul 25, 2010
retail is loaded......with junk.

hobby will have super nice cards....all super short printed so you will have no shot to pull them.

cheap photo shoot GU and manufactured patches will be the norm on box and case pulls.

Save your money

Kevin

Wrong again...even before I bought this product for the first time I called it preseason product of the year...hands down...and rightfully so!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looks like some great breaks happening, at least so far...

I'm in a team one this weekend. Got the Cowboys, which I'm digging but my Random team is Atlanta, probably the worst team you could get.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
Wrong again...even before I bought this product for the first time I called it preseason product of the year...hands down...and rightfully so!

Nope, Chrome will blow it out of the water with base auto prices and insane prices for color variations. Chrome box prices may hit 100 before it ever goes live.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Nope, Chrome will blow it out of the water with base auto prices and insane prices for color variations. Chrome box prices may hit 100 before it ever goes live.

I cannot disagree but this year's base Topps product is a solid effort and appears to offer reasonable value for breakers. My only gripes with this product being perhaps a little overkill on the variations and the paramount dual cards don't excite me at all. The base set is a nice clean design and there is an assortment of good looking parallel cards for player collectors. I've picked up a some base Luck cards figuring I can make a few bucks each grading them. I really like the Black /57 parallels. They appear to be less condition sensitive than past sets per eBay scans. I'll know for sure when I get some in the mail soon. I should have hit the $69 BIN on a Luck as the next one went for over $100. It just seems like this regular Topps stuff doesn't carry value as well once Finest and Chrome are out so I am being cautious with the buying. That said, there are only a few weeks until the regular season starts and if you think a rookie is gonna blow up in the first couple weeks you gotta get the stuff now (See Randall Cobb and Cam Newton from last year). I love Chrome but it comes out too late to hoard up on players who produce early.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts