Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps redemption replacement for a 1/1 bat knob, wish me luck haha

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Tell them you'd accept as replacement for the 1/1 HOF knob, the 2006 Bowman Chrome Evan Longoria Superfractor they "forgot" to pack out.
I actually think asking for another bat knob would be pretty fair, obviously depending on the player but you would at least know it is a 1/1 piece.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
6o0evfy.jpg

Now what? Start asking for cases of Bowman Chrome?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
It is funny... it is an IOU that they issued and you have... they aren't able to fulfill the IOU and it does seem like it is a negotiation or they have the upper hand. Something is just backwards about it really. Again, they're writing checks their body can't cash. It will catch up to them one day.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Ask them what the top 10 most valuable items they have to offer (and qty of each) and see what you can put together.

Ryan

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
So as a conspiracy theory----since it seems Topps can get their hands on BGS 9.5 of hot rookies......what is to stop Topps from producing "Extra" Kris Bryant Chrome AUTOs seeing what the aftermarket value of his cards are, sending them to BGS, and then selling them off on ebay for huge profits over what the cost of production would be.....or even better yet, in this case, have the presses ready on "HOT ROOKIES" to crank out some and send to BGS for 9.5s to cover more costly HOF 1/1 Bat Knobs of older products to put them in newer products and push more product with nicer sell sheets.........

This is actually really scary to me that they are even offering you graded 9.5s....do we know they are actually BGS graded 9.5s or is the topps rep just assuming they will be in that condition. I also am skeptical that Topps is going out and purchasing aftermarket cards, it is more likely they would offer cards they have in hand...

This entire thread is just WOW--especially with the top manufacturer in sports cards. If it were me, I would ask nothing less than a top tier 1/1 bat knob, bat barrel, or logo as a replacement and nothing less, and if they cant deliver, then they owe you a refund on the IOU you were promised by purchasing their product and hitting that redemption as either a cash value or unopened product. There are a lot of companies out there in other categories that get sued and have to pay a lot of money for false advertising, bait and switch, and offending customers, I am surprised especially on the higher dollar items that can now be pulled that this has not happened to a card manufacturer yet.

TK

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
So as a conspiracy theory----since it seems Topps can get their hands on BGS 9.5 of hot rookies......what is to stop Topps from producing "Extra" Kris Bryant Chrome AUTOs seeing what the aftermarket value of his cards are, sending them to BGS, and then selling them off on ebay for huge profits over what the cost of production would be.....or even better yet, in this case, have the presses ready on "HOT ROOKIES" to crank out some and send to BGS for 9.5s to cover more costly HOF 1/1 Bat Knobs of older products to put them in newer products and push more product with nicer sell sheets.........

This is actually really scary to me that they are even offering you graded 9.5s....do we know they are actually BGS graded 9.5s or is the topps rep just assuming they will be in that condition. I also am skeptical that Topps is going out and purchasing aftermarket cards, it is more likely they would offer cards they have in hand...

This entire thread is just WOW--especially with the top manufacturer in sports cards. If it were me, I would ask nothing less than a top tier 1/1 bat knob, bat barrel, or logo as a replacement and nothing less, and if they cant deliver, then they owe you a refund on the IOU you were promised by purchasing their product and hitting that redemption as either a cash value or unopened product. There are a lot of companies out there in other categories that get sued and have to pay a lot of money for false advertising, bait and switch, and offending customers, I am surprised especially on the higher dollar items that can now be pulled that this has not happened to a card manufacturer yet.

TK

I couldn't imagine Topps going down the same road Upper Deck did

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I couldn't imagine Topps going down the same road Upper Deck did

Me either, but on the surface of their responses to OP, it would somewhat suggest they may be....again, mine was just a conspiracy theory, but something that could be done pretty easily without anyone ever knowing....

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Wait, I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't actually have these graded cards. If you accept their offer, then you get sent a redemption for the graded cards and then have to go back into their site daily to check the status. I think everyone needs to calm down, this is another way for them to pass the hat again :)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Wait, I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't actually have these graded cards. If you accept their offer, then you get sent a redemption for the graded cards and then have to go back into their site daily to check the status. I think everyone needs to calm down, this is another way for them to pass the hat again :)

WRONG.

They send you a Bryant redemption and a voucher for one free BGS grading :D

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
The other thing I dont understand, is that in one email to the OP they stated they would send a 9.5 bryant and a 9.5 abreu. Then when asked for a second bryant in lieu of the abreu the OP was told that they could not do that because they had customer requests to fulfill for redemption bryants---did I read that correctly??? So it is ok that they offer one as if they are taking away from a customer, but 2 would be too many??? Maybe I misread something there, I am tired at this point after being at work on a computer all day, my eyes have to be deceiving me.

The Collector

Feb 11, 2014
California
The other thing I dont understand, is that in one email to the OP they stated they would send a 9.5 bryant and a 9.5 abreu. Then when asked for a second bryant in lieu of the abreu the OP was told that they could not do that because they had customer requests to fulfill for redemption bryants---did I read that correctly??? So it is ok that they offer one as if they are taking away from a customer, but 2 would be too many??? Maybe I misread something there, I am tired at this point after being at work on a computer all day, my eyes have to be deceiving me.

That's exactly what happened. Very strange indeed. It usually takes them a few days to respond to my responses, will post whatever they say.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

There's a lot here I don't understand but on this issue it sounds like they have graded copies for some reason, and I imagine those will not be sent as redemptions, but the raw copies they can't offer as replacements because those are to be redeemed...

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I guess my biggest issue with this is why they even have bgs graded copies of cards to offer as replacements, period. Very strange that is. If the answer is not some kind of promotion then I call shenanigans---insert super troopers photo here!!

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
There's a lot here I don't understand but on this issue it sounds like they have graded copies for some reason, and I imagine those will not be sent as redemptions, but the raw copies they can't offer as replacements because those are to be redeemed...
I agree with this. I haven't seen a redemption for a graded card. Maybe they are cherry picking their products before packing out to get graded and inserting the rest for us to pull.

Members online

Latest posts