Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Trout 2011 Callup "Unlikely"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
@BillShaikin [Angels GM Tony] Reagins said #Angels would start Mike Trout at double-A. In Anaheim by end of season? "I would say it's unlikely".

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
JEA2880 said:
Did anyone expect him to get the call this year?
Some stain thought (thinks) that he may even break camp with the Angels, while others have spouted on about how he should get a late season call-up.

Why would they make these claims?

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know...morons."

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Did anyone really believe he would? He's what, 19? 20? For pete's sake, he finished the season with a late-season promotion to A+ Rancho Cucamonga.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Looks like Jeter and Pujols are still the way to go and even Posey. This taking risks on prospects should be done at each person own finances and how much they willing to risk!!

yanxchick

Dec 5, 2009
I'm chiming in ...

People thought me might get a late September call up because he's good. Not saying he would make the club in an any bigger capacity this year.

From people I spoke to - and I know people! - many thought he would be up with the club at the end of the year to give him a taste of the big leagues. He's has the potential to be a tremendous player and has had some insane comparisons over the years.

Fans want something to be excited about and he is the type of player than can get people excited with his speed and bat.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Very few reasons to call him up this year. A September call-up would mean adding him to the 40 man roster which would mean the risk of losing somebody else to waivers or the rule 5 draft. My guess is he makes the team coming out of 2012 spring training or coming up in June of 2012 to save a year of arbitration and free agency. Of course all of this depends on him continuing to develop.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Rotoworld is reporting the same thing. We see the same report every season for high profiled prospects. Really depends on how the Angels season goes and if the injury bug strikes.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
No surprise at all, anyone saying he would make it to Anaheim at all this year was jumping the gun.

There's an enormous difference between Single A pitching and MLB pitching. It takes time to adjust.

Latest posts