Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Two Boxes 2009 Upper Deck Spectrum Live Break (Blasters)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Stopped by K-Mart to pick up a few things... (how many times have we read posts that start with similar sentences?)... and checked out the card section...

They didn't have any clearance Ginter but they did have two blasters of 2009 Upper Deck Spectrum with guarenteed game used for $5.99 each. Figure I would enjoy a cheap break with two hits and stick to singles instead of buying an expensive box and being disappointed. I've been sticking to my guns and not busting many boxes and I have to say that I'm adding more quality cards to my collection by not gambling on box breaks. I'll be posting my recent pickups in about an hour. I promise it will be worth the wait!

I'm working on some scans of my recent pickups and then I'll rip into these two.

Tom

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Pack 1 - Chipper, Dunn, Young, Cabrera, Martin

Pack 2 - Peavy, Giambi, Rowand, Zimmerman, Joba Chamberlain (BLUE Parallel)

Pack 3 - Markakis, Bruce, A-Rod, Hunter, Upper Deck Retrospective "San Francisco 49'ers"

Pack 4 - Fat pack - Aramis Ramirez, Verlander, Kershaw, M. Holliday, Lowell,

Hit... Manny Ramirez grey jersey card "Los Angeles Dodgers" but pictured in a Boston Uniform. Way to go Upper Deck!

On to box two...

Last edited:

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Box two...

Pack 1 - Maddux, I-Rod, Zimmerman again, Markakis again. Upper deck retrospective "Comisky Park"

Pack 2 - Volquez, Beckett, Kinsler, Rowand again, Zimmerman BLUE Parallel

Pack 3 - Reyes, Tejada, Martin again, Giambi again Millege RED Paralell 193/250

Pack 4 - Fat Pack - Webb, Longoria, Rollins, Fukudome, Cabrera again

HIT: Dan Haren gray jersey swatch jersey card

Oh well, cheap break, Beats getting kicked in the junk for $100+ ;-)

At $12.00 I got off cheap and reminded why I'm trying to focus on singles... haha

Tom

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I busted like 7 of these over the last two weeks.
Can't really argue the $6 price tag for one relic, plus the chance to hit a "Celebrity" auto.
My best relic was a Pedroia I think.

meucci67

Aug 7, 2008
South of Pittsburgh, PA
I've opened 4 so far... Pulled a Ken Griffey jr, Pedro Martinez, Matt Cain, and Roy Halladay jersey cards... One store had the blasters in the 40% Off display box and gave me that discount off of the $5.99.

Michael

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I went to my K-Mart recently as well, and couldn't resist picking up the ones they had.Think Ramirez is bad?I pulled a Griffey Reds jersey out of one that had a White Sox logo on the front of it.

Members online

Latest posts