Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UFC 101 Declaration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Sam Banks said:
I am still sad about this today. I want to hear what Forrest has to say.

If I didn't know any better, I might think he took a dive. He looked like he just completely gave up. Ugh.

yeah i was thinking the same thing. everyone in my house was dumbfounded and speechless at the finish of that fight.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
Here's my thought's on Silva. People should not be complaining about what he did in the ring. You can't have it both ways. You can't call him out for being boring and not engaging and then when he does engage and "give the fans a show" you can't complain about it. Pick one or the other. It was hard watching Forrest get worked but I had a feeling it would happen.

Totally agree. I don't have any problem with Silva putting on a show the way he did.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
******* ducking GSP now isn`t he? That`s the real reason he wants to fight at 205, just to put more weight between him and Rush. I am kidding. How good is Silva though. He cleaned out the 185 division, and CAN and probably WILL clean out the 205 class. I am not in favor of him dropping the 185 title though. He won the title, he needs to defend it until he loses it or retires. I personally would love to see him go all Dan Henderson and carry the MW and LHW titles at the same time. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
GSP stated that he would need to put 10lbs of muscle on and he stated it would take about a year to do so...I would like to see it,but i believe Silva would tko GSP in the 1st rd also.

As far as Machida/Silva not wanting to fight,Dana has said that this is business and they would fight if he saids so.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Sam Banks said:
fracking ducking GSP now isn`t he? That`s the real reason he wants to fight at 205, just to put more weight between him and Rush. I am kidding. How good is Silva though. He cleaned out the 185 division, and CAN and probably WILL clean out the 205 class. I am not in favor of him dropping the 185 title though. He won the title, he needs to defend it until he loses it or retires. I personally would love to see him go all Dan Henderson and carry the MW and LHW titles at the same time. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Yea I think it would be dumb if Silva dropped his Middleweight title, he should go for both

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
If it did happen, Machida would beat Silva. No question in my mind.

I'd be up for Silva / Rampage. That would be a hell of a fun match.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Snyper said:
Ty Hope said:
If it did happen, Machida would beat Silva. No question in my mind..

For your sake I hope you aren't a betting man.

You think Silva would take Machida? Nothing wrong with that, just curious why you think so. I think Machida's style is a nightmare for guys like Anderson.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
silva would kill him
How do you figure? Machida's counter striking is arguably the best in mma and his ground game is solid. He's also never lost and beat some very big names (many dont realize he beat BJ Penn too).

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
LOL at anyone killing Machida.
The guy hasnt lost a single round in teh UFC.

In the Tito Ortiz fight, Ortiz, as much as I like him didnt land one punch.
Imagine fighting for 15 minutes staright and not landing a punch.

I actually think Machida and Silva would be a boring fight. Bith guys rely on their opponants to be sloppy and aggressive. Neither guy is either of those.

All in all, I actually dont think Forrest took a dive. I just think he was completely out of his league.
Hes not a bad fighter, but his style is made for Silva to knock him onto ***** street!

Regarding Penn. WOW. I actually thought Kenny had a chance to wear him down after the 3rd round, but I am starting to think that a 155 lb BJ Penn is 10 x the fighter that a 170 lb BJ Penn is.
Kenny really had nothign for Penn. BJ controlled the standup, fought off every TD attempt, and when he turned it on, Kenny was no where near his abilities.

Impressive!

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I just can't wait until Machida kills that ghetto **** Rampage.

And I read this morning that Forrest's management group has stated that he ISN'T injured.

It's on Sherdog, and I know that isn't gospel.

And as for Kenny, I will say one thing. He sure did have a game plan against Penn, and he stuck to it the whole fight.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I have only seen a few fights with Machida and he has looked great! After he dismantles Rua it would be interesting to see who he fights.I think Silva would beat him if they fought,but that would be a good fight eitherway.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN
HoustonTeams4Me said:
The Forrest fight looked rigged! :lol: (dropped him running backwards, with a "slap" to boot...I guess he had a glass-jaw)! :?

Nah, he was already hurt. And that "slap" was awfully rough.... his head almost spun around, meaning his head was already loose. :)

More shocking to me was Bowles slaughtering Torres over in the WEC.
[youtube:2990y7r6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfsG3aSSfM[/youtube:2990y7r6]

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Ty Hope said:
Snyper said:
[quote="Ty Hope":8dev16rp]If it did happen, Machida would beat Silva. No question in my mind..

For your sake I hope you aren't a betting man.

You think Silva would take Machida? Nothing wrong with that, just curious why you think so. I think Machida's style is a nightmare for guys like Anderson.[/quote:8dev16rp]

No, I honestly don't know who would take it. Machida is obviously an OUTSTANDING fighter. No arguement there. BUT, no one is untouchable (forever anyway), and this is Anderson Silva we are talking about here.

Let's just hope we get to see this fight happen.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Bornagaincollector said:
I have only seen a few fights with Machida and he has looked great! After he dismantles Rua it would be interesting to see who he fights.I think Silva would beat him if they fought,but that would be a good fight eitherway.

The winner of Evans/Rampage will fight Machida for the title sometime around April/May

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I am going to be super mad if we see Evans/Machida 2 before we see Rampage/Machida 1. I still believe Rampage was ducking Lyoto by taking the TUF gig.

Members online

Latest posts