Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATED eBay seller to avoid - rambling160ps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I bought three packs of Topps stickers for my son and I to go Trout fishing. Very disappointed when I’m the only bidder and pay instantly only to receive an almost instant refund. Little guy is pretty sad and I’m PO’d.

A seller to block for sure. eBay sucks sometimes.

Attachments

• 40C02128-B1D3-413C-A2EE-530BDB77D251.jpeg
    40C02128-B1D3-413C-A2EE-530BDB77D251.jpeg
    260.7 KB · Views: 49

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Sorry mate. Ebay is getting worse as time goes on, slowly but surely. Shill bidders, non-paying bidders, and yes, sellers that cancel auctions when they don't get high enough bids. Have these morons never heard of reserves or starting bids?

Carlos L Martinez

May 17, 2021
Sorry mate. Ebay is getting worse as time goes on, slowly but surely. Shill bidders, non-paying bidders, and yes, sellers that cancel auctions when they don't get high enough bids. Have these morons never heard of reserves or starting bids?
I've had buyer(s) also instantly cancel within seconds of winning. The excuses I've heard (so far), 1) my son placed the bid without my permission, 2) I meant to bid on the other one, 3) I thought I needed the card but I already have that one. Granted I sold about 1K cards since May, but from those three buyers, that's a total of EIGHT auctions (3, 2 and 3). At the end of the day, I'm even money wise because some sold for less than the original post and some sold for higher.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I didn't know this until recently, because cancelled orders seem to disappear. However, go into feedback, search by name and you can find the transaction to leave NEGATIVE feedback. That always makes me feel a tiny bit better, although it does nothing to help your case. It might help scare away some other bidders, but even that is iffy nowadays.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I see you already left neutral. You're nice!

I just went through this with a seller, who cancelled a Garvey auto #6/50, his jersey number. and I collect those especially I am almost certain that they backdoored me for more money. No other reason, especially after they messaged me that the cancellation was a mistake and that the item was mine at the bid price. When I tried to get them to relist, they went dark.

I left negative and called ebay to make sure they at least were aware, if not punishing them somehow.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
I see you already left neutral. You're nice!

I just went through this with a seller, who cancelled a Garvey auto #6/50, his jersey number. and I collect those especially I am almost certain that they backdoored me for more money. No other reason, especially after they messaged me that the cancellation was a mistake and that the item was mine at the bid price. When I tried to get them to relist, they went dark.

I left negative and called ebay to make sure they at least were aware, if not punishing them somehow.
I was possibly a bit more petty and purchased the cheapest item the seller had. My feedback said: This item was fine, but another item the seller wouldn’t ship because it sold for minimum bid. Buyer beware.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
I was possibly a bit more petty and purchased the cheapest item the seller had. My feedback said: This item was fine, but another item the seller wouldn’t ship because it sold for minimum bid. Buyer beware.

Didn’t realize these were so small, lol

Image1630795838.840623.jpg

PM me your address…and your sons name…I’ll make the mailer out to him

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
eBay does really suck now but what other alternative really is there that reaches so many people around the world? Check Out My Cards is the next best option but their shipping speed is slow as molasses now. Sellers especially have no choice but to deal with it.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I've started using myslabs more and more as a buyer and seller. Not quite the eyeballs yet, but my transactions have all gone very smoothly.

Members online

Latest posts