Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Using cards for a cut auto project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Ok so basically I have this idea that I want to make a reality. It is the Cardinals Left Field Wall. I want to get a picture of it next year (when they add LaRussa) and create a Panoramic photo of it. But I want to use certified auto cards and cut them in half which will destroy the card. I want to use signed cards because then I know they will fit in the matting the way I want and look good. Some of the guys on the wall I am going to use index card autos (Dean Ken Boyer and Gussie Busch). I already have Dizzy Dean (cut index card), and Lou Brock on a card. I plan on using a printed picture of Hornsby because of how expensive his auto is. Also cards are cheaper which is good because the framing/mating is going to be ridiculously expensive.
Do you guys think it is a terrible idea or should I go for it?
Basically this is the wall minus Herzog and LaRussa
Outfield wall.jpg

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
I'd personally use all index cards so everything is uniform in color,personally.

Sounds like a cool project though!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I'd personally use all index cards so everything is uniform in color,personally.

Sounds like a cool project though!

This is what I thought orignally because it would look much better but guys like Enos Slaughter it is hard to find an index where it is not signed all the way across the front

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Everytime I go to the stadium I look at the wall and just think man what an awesome project that would be.
If I make the print 12x36 there will be enough room to make the windows for autos 2.5 inches as there are 14 people on the wall that would be part of my project. I decided not to get Jackie Robinson as he was not a St.Louis Cardinal. I am not denying his impact on the game though, just doesnt fit a Cardinals HOF project.
The ones that are hard to find signed normal size are Lou Brock and Enos Slaughter. For Jack Buck I think im going to use a book plate from an autographed copy of his book.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts