Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Walter Johnson Signed Type 1 Washington Post Photo - Would love some help researching this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllenGinterSigned

Feb 3, 2015
New Boston, MI
I saw all of that. I think that is authenticating it as a Type I, but I don't look up Type I's... that's why i was asking if there was a separate cert. # sicne he said there were two.

PSA does have this on their site, though:
walter-johnson-signed-photo-3.jpg

And it's titled as "signed"

Is it just me, or does Walter look like Robin Williams in this photo?

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Will this mystery ever be solved???

This is probably the 10th time I've come back to this thread. My attention turned to Senators executives, and there is a striking resemblence from the man on the right to Calvin Griffith. The only trouble is that he was born in 1911. That's a pretty hard 30 years if this was taken in the early 40's...nevermind the fact that he didn't assume control until 1955 when his uncle Clark passed.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Will this mystery ever be solved???

This is probably the 10th time I've come back to this thread. My attention turned to Senators executives, and there is a striking resemblence from the man on the right to Calvin Griffith. The only trouble is that he was born in 1911. That's a pretty hard 30 years if this was taken in the early 40's...nevermind the fact that he didn't assume control until 1955 when his uncle Clark passed.

I am thinking those other two guys might be politicians of sorts. The more I am reading about Big Train I see he ran to be in the House of Representatives and he was "friends" with Calvin Coolidge. I suck at history and even more so in politics so maybe someone else can check on that side.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
You might want to post this on the Net54 boards as there are dozens of incredible knowledgeable photo collectors there with a few who even wrote the definitive book on authenticating photos. And the best part is......Walter Johnson's grandson posts there and may have insight as to who the other gentlemen are.

Members online