Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What card are you looking for but have never actually seen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4realsthough

May 28, 2010
I've also been looking for and have never see a 1995 Topps Archives Sandy Koufax Autograph #AU103 or AU146. I don't even know how many were made!

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
For years, I've been searching for the 1978 Tigers team issue set but to no avail. Never saw reference pics for it or any mention of it for sale/auction/trade. I would absolutely love to have the set before hanging up my collecting cap.

Maybe one of you guys happen to have or know where to get the said set??? *fingers crossed*

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
mansgame said:
onionring9 said:
does every 1998 tek diffractor I don't own count?
^^Well played, well played

Mine would be a 2001 Fleer Autographics #5 Albert Belle. I have the silver (#/250) and gold (#/50) but beckett claims there is a non-serial numbered base version obviously autographed.

I'm on the other side of this. I have the Cruz 2001 Fleer Autographics but do not have nor ever seen the silver /250 or gold /50. Beckett has them on Cruz's checklist but that might not mean a whole lot. If the silver did exist, I think I'd have seen one in the past 11 years.

As for other stuff I need but have never seen:

1998 Bowman Certified Autograph Gold #11 - The ink is not gold, the Certified Auto Logo is. This makes it tough since many people probably don't even realize they have it.

1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractor /5 #7
1998 EX 2001 Essential Credentials Future /5 #96
1998 Pinnacle Performers Big Bang Seasonal Outburst /26 #18

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
A 2003 fleer platinum Rickey Henderson nameplate, all the price guides I look in have
It listed but I've never seen one

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
roundtree34 said:
A 2003 fleer platinum Rickey Henderson nameplate, all the price guides I look in have
It listed but I've never seen one

I'm pretty confident you can cross that one off your list. I don't have it listed in my Rickey checklist (I don't think any of the other Rickey collectors do either), and I just checked the Beckett online checklist for the set, and they also don't have a Rickey listed. Maybe he was originally supposed to be included back when it was released in 2003, but they have since updated the checklist?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
ch2423 said:
mansgame said:
onionring9 said:

Mine would be a 2001 Fleer Autographics #5 Albert Belle. I have the silver (#/250) and gold (#/50) but beckett claims there is a non-serial numbered base version obviously autographed.

I'm on the other side of this. I have the Cruz 2001 Fleer Autographics but do not have nor ever seen the silver /250 or gold /50. Beckett has them on Cruz's checklist but that might not mean a whole lot. If the silver did exist, I think I'd have seen one in the past 11 years.
Carzy! You think this has anything to do with the Fleer Bankruptcy? I've contacted beckett regarding this and like usual, I was never contacted back but I think the Belle nonserial numbered version doesn't exist.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
'06 BC Draft Superfractor Josh Johnson
'06 Finest Superfractor Auto "
'06 Topps Chrome Superfractor Auto ""

There are a few more, but with me starting collecting him 1/4 of the way into '08, it gave me a disadvantage with getting some of those super rare 2006 issues of Josh Johnson ::facepalm::

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
55_marlins_sp said:
'06 BC Draft Superfractor Josh Johnson
'06 Finest Superfractor Auto "
'06 Topps Chrome Superfractor Auto ""

There are a few more, but with me starting collecting him 1/4 of the way into '08, it gave me a disadvantage with getting some of those super rare 2006 issues of Josh Johnson ::facepalm::

I can't compare my collection to yours but I definitely know how you feel. I didn't start really collecting Denard Span until 2010 so I missed out on most 2008 and 2009 cards. I have only ever seen 1 Superfractor of his.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
The Koufax autograph is partially my "fault" at the time. We got evidence from Topps at the time that both the 55 and 56 reprint had been signed. I believe it is only one of the two cards we have ever seen. I never remember which one does exist but at this point, the one that does exist should be the only one in the Beckett checklist

Regards
Rich

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
mansgame said:
ch2423 said:
mansgame said:
onionring9 said:

Carzy! You think this has anything to do with the Fleer Bankruptcy? I've contacted beckett regarding this and like usual, I was never contacted back but I think the Belle nonserial numbered version doesn't exist.
Huh, I never thought about it being bankruptcy related but that would make sense. They get one more year on my want list and then I'm taking them down and writing off their existence, lol.

chief7575

Feb 1, 2010
ch2423 said:
mansgame said:
ch2423 said:
mansgame said:
onionring9 said:

Huh, I never thought about it being bankruptcy related but that would make sense. They get one more year on my want list and then I'm taking them down and writing off their existence, lol.

I have the same issue going on (albeit in the football version for that year and style of the Autographics). I have the regular and the silver /250 Autographics but have never ever EVER seen the gold /50 for who I collect. After 12 years I also do not think it exists and the CL is not accurate.

Greg

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
ch2423 said:

Speaking of Fleer bankruptcy, I couldn't stand the sight of those so-called "vault proofs" on eBay... I see too many for Maggs over there.

BTW, nice Jose Cruz Jr collection you have there! I could've mentioned a 1997 Best Premium Preview Jose Cruz Jr as another card I've never seen here but I managed to find it late last year....that one finally completed my Premium Preview set of 50! While they may be #/200, it's no easy task to complete such a set that's 15 years old. Maybe I'll post the set in a separate thread if anyone's curious?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
FrostyCollects said:
ch2423 said:

Speaking of Fleer bankruptcy, I couldn't stand the sight of those so-called "vault proofs" on eBay... I see too many for Maggs over there.

BTW, nice Jose Cruz Jr collection you have there! I could've mentioned a 1997 Best Premium Preview Jose Cruz Jr as another card I've never seen here but I managed to find it late last year....that one finally completed my Premium Preview set of 50! While they may be #/200, it's no easy task to complete such a set that's 15 years old. Maybe I'll post the set in a separate thread if anyone's curious?
I am officially DONE with these so-called "vault proofs"! Funny but I pushed the button on my first "vault proof" for Belle when I saw the 2001 Fleer Autographics non auto'ed pop up. Part of me was excited because it wasn't serial numbered and thought... This must be the card/proof which never was released or signed, etc. Anyways, it was cheap but when I got it I was shocked. It is literally just a printed picture of the card on printing paper. I swear I could just photo copy it here at work in color and resell... nothing different! Rip off and won't be buying any more.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
A lot of collectors seem to have issues finding the 2008 Upper Deck First Edition Jerseys, which were (I believe) inserted one per retail factory set. I picked up a Sean Casey tonight, which makes just the third of any of my players I've managed to find. Beckett lists this as a 100 card set, but I doubt many of them exist. They're not even listed in the almanac, only on their website, and I can't find any evidence that any more than 25-30 different ones exist. With a stated PR of 750, that makes 75,000 factory sets made, which seems really high.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Aside from 1/1s, there are 7 cards of Jonny Gomes that I have never seen (they're also the only ones I don't own). I'd bet on 3 of them not existing (with a 4th as a possibility), but their existence of various checklists remains a tantalizing reminder that they may actually be somewhere out there.

2002 Just Prospects Prototypes #JPP17
---I have the gold parallel and two other Prototypes (Just The Franchise base, gold), but have never seen the base version of JPP17. Multiple people who have bought Just Minors stock in bulk have the other three but not this one, and the sheet that the other three Prototype cards were printed on doesn't have this one. Probably wasn't made, but who knows?

2004 Skybox Autographics Prospects Endorsed Dual Andruw Jones/Jonny Gomes #AJJG /50
---Probably offered as a redemption card, and thus probably never created with the Fleer Bankruptcy and all. 50 were supposed to be created, but neither Fandruw nor I has ever seen one. Really just searching for a redemption card at this point.

2004 Skybox LE Artist Proof #124 /50
---Never seen it, although I've seen ones for other players. I have several copies of the Photographer's Proof /25, so it really doesn't make sense that this one would be so elusive. Not sure if it exists or not.

2005 Upper Deck Platinum #412 /5
---Probably out there somewhere, just super rare

2006 Bowman Originals 2004 Bowman Chrome Refractors Auto /2
---Ditto

2006 Upper Deck Special FX Blue SP/25
---Same as above two. It didn't seem as if a lot of the product was broken, and as the blue parallel was not numbered, it's been suggested that some people may have not even noticed when they pulled them, putting them in with the other base. I've bought a bunch of base cards on this theory, but no luck. Gotta be out there in someone's 25 cent common bin.

2007 Fleer Autographics Auto #GO
---I have two of the printing plates for the card, and Upper Deck released a picture on their site, but I've never seen the actual autographed card. It may be like the 2006 Fleer Autographics Jonny Gomes auto, which is hard to find (at first I didn't think that one existed, before finding it over a year after release), or, more likely, it just was never ultimately released.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The 2000 Upper Deck Hall of Fame dual jersey/auto's version of the 3000 hit club with Yount and Brett (and a couple variations there-of).

wolters03

Feb 14, 2011
St. Paul, MN
A 2006 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Auto BGS 9.5 of Justin Upton. There is only 4 and I've never seen one anywhere.

Sent from my PC36100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts