Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What player or players that are not from you home team you like or admire most?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Clayton Kershaw
Felix Hernandez

I get really jealous when i see them pitch.

Palabra!

Also, Matt Kemp.

EDIT: It used to be David Wright, but the Topps "on hold" message wrecked that one for me.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
What's the story for this one?

It's not really anything personal against Wright. If you've ever been put on hold with Topps Customer Service, then there is some music, and every 2 minutes of so, a recording of David Wright comes on and pimps Topps sports cards. I can't remember the text, but it's basically like "Hi. I'm David Wright. Blah, blah, blah, choose Topps." Generally, in the time it takes Topps CS to do anything, you'll hear David Wright like 7-10 times.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
A lot but I'll narrow it down. I loved watching Chipper(I too got to see plenty of Braves games on cable) because he just seemed like what I imagine a professional baseball player to be like. Frank Thomas because I loved how he swung the bat and how he could crush a ball. Griffey for his golfish looking swing and plus he was the ish back in the day. Nomar Garciaparra as I've seen him make ungodly plays and just admired the smooth natural flow he was able pull off like it was nothing. And lastly...Greg Maddux. He is an artist on the mound!

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Right now:

Mike Trout- He's from near my area, he's amazing, I know nothing about his personal life
Jose Fernandez- Read into his past and he has been through quite a lot, and he seems like a great kid.
Bryce Harper- Gets criticized for no reason, plays as hard as anyone
Yasiel Puig- Gets criticized like crazy, he doesn't care and keeps being himself, plus he hates the media...what's not to like?
Jeff francoeur- Really great and funny guy, hopefully he turns it around

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Right now: Mike Trout- He's from near my area, he's amazing, I know nothing about his personal life.

He's local like you said. The last I heard was from the spring but talked to a bunch of folks who've met him out in public and a guy who hung some with him in Spring Training. They had nothing but nice things to say of him. He comes across as humble and seems to realize how lucky he's been so far.

He's still dating his HS Sweetheart, who's college is local to me, if that counts for anything. He even walked through the mall near there, having a Card Show at the time and went virtually unrecognized. When some kids did realize it was him, he was very cool and nice to them...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Can someone give me a link to this david wright story. I keep hearing about it.

It's not a news story. It's just the fact that David Wright reads a recorded message on loop when you call Topps and get put on hold. Call Topps customer service some time and see for yourself.

Members online

Latest posts